• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Apollo II

Bow

Bastard Modulation Engineering
Aug 13, 2008
SouthWest AZ
reverendbow.wordpress.com
Gots me a new toy today..

Anytone Apollo II

Going to run A KL-203P behind it for a little kick (set the carrier at about 25W out of the amp and let it cruise)
I'll see how well it is set up from the Factory this weekend, hopefully.

Making another ammo can go box with 10/11 AM/FM and a VHF/UHF... I have a matching Anytone AT-778UV coming as well

That combination of radios will cover 11/10 meter, MURS, 2 meter, Marine, 70 cm, FRS and GRMS... just in case the poo hits the impeller, you know...

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_192946525.jpg
    IMG_20190516_192946525.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

You'll like the Apollo II. The Stryker sr-94hpc is a carbon copy of the anytone with the 94 innards actually stamped as Apollo II. It's a neat little rig and a good performer. There's a mod here in the forum to up the modulation but I don't think you'll need it with an amplifier

Reactions: Bow
I plan to throw it on the O'Scope this weekend and make sure it is at 100% modulation

Then figure out the adjustments to set the Carrier/FM, Deviation, etc and running a low Carrier to keep the KL-203P happy

Good to know...

I have a few of those QYT/BTech Vhf/UHF rigs, that work great and fit in little spots...

I was looking that the AT-778UV mainly because... it matches the Apollo II... and gets really good reviews.

The Retevis RT-95 is less expensive, but I decided to build all Anytone this time around...

I mainly use these Ammo Com Cans in Rental cars with Mag Mount antennas when I have to travel for work.

Bow, verify nicely done I have to say. Thorough, educational, hit important points, good pictures and nice to read for all of us rf junkies. Much better than some of the stuff that's on YouTube these days. Nicely done my friend!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRATT and Bow
I have this radio. I find it impossible to listen to this radio while the engine is running. I have tried all manners of grounding.

What vehicle?
How is the power and ground run?
Best source for power and ground is straight to the battery with a fuse on + wire at the battery.

Thanks for the reply. I have power directly from the battery I have grounded through the battery and chassis. Also I have used another battery besides the vehicle battery.

Fire stick Antenna is a 3/8 stud. Grounded to the fame. I hope this is what you are looking for.

scott

I enjoyed viewing your links. It seems you have everything well thought out. With your knowledge and test equipment, may I assume you also have a SSB capable radio somewhere in your survival mix? If licensed accordingly, a mobile SSB / VFO HF radio would be my next endeavor.

Reactions: Bow
Ah, Scott try unplugging the antenna coax.

Turn off the ANL and noise blanker, set the volume for normal listening and then unplug the antenna.

If all the noise goes away, this tells you the vehicle's electrical system is radiating this noise into the air. Once that happens, every radio power-line filter in the world can't help.

Until you filter the individual noise sources before they can transmit that noise into the air. Once that happens, the antenna will hear it, and so will the radio.

Reactions: Bow and NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated