1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Anytone Apollo II

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by Bow, May 17, 2019.

1. 2315 Robert

2315 Robert Grateful

Near impossible on a direct injected modern vehicle. The HF folks in my area say Mazda is the best. My 2017 Honda civic is not. Have called many times Honda does not care. Stealership will not put you in contact with anyone because no one has that need. I have so much ferrite and grounding on that car that my fuel mileage has been compromised.

NZ8N and Shadetree Mechanic like this.

2. jkp1

jkp1 Member

The other day I was looking at new fords, while my f150 ws getting serviced. Checking out some new police SUV's, I noticed they have a bonding option. Probably not available to the general public

3. DTB

DTB New Member

Hello There!
    Thank You for your reply. We have performed this drill. My little Apollo II goes quite as soon as we unplug the antenna. We have disconnected the antenna and left the coax in place and we still get noise.

I feel you are correct in your assessment. I just question how a am/fm radio in the same vehicle runs fine. I have tried to shield different vehicle parts in my Jeep with aluminum foil and even copper foil tape. Nothing has even reduced the engine noise. Ferrite beads on the power line did not help. Choked down the antenna coax, no help.

The only area I have not been able to explore because I don’t know what I am doing is working out ohms of resistance between the radio and ground. Evidently they must match for things to quite down.

Thanks Scott KN4SMO

4. DTB

DTB New Member

Has any of your efforts helped?

5. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

6. DTB

DTB New Member

Thanks!

7. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

Unfortunately the Noise Blanker switch on these radios is false advertising. The radio has no RF Noise Blanker circuit whatsoever and is a simple AF, Automatic Noise Limiter.

8. 743SEPA

743SEPA Active Member

9. 743SEPA

743SEPA Active Member

I get a lot of noise in my Jeep from the fuel pump. Common problem,pita to fix!

10. 2315 Robert

2315 Robert Grateful

Helped yes but, no fix.K0BG is awesome. Have tried everything on there. They made improvements but, The Honda Civic is dirty. However, I can pass or be passed by some vehicles and they are worse,

11. 2315 Robert

2315 Robert Grateful

Lemme guess the appropriate clamp on ferrites give you some relief....

12. 743SEPA

743SEPA Active Member

Not really. Worse on am than ssb.

13. 2315 Robert

2315 Robert Grateful

Does the Jeep have 1 fuel pump in the tank and/or from the tank to another in series for DI?

#28 2315 Robert, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  14. 2315 Robert

2315 Robert Grateful

Not familiar with jeep. Fuel pump in tank: ferrites on power wires and grounding(even a capacitor on the power wires can accomplish filtering).to other parts of the vehicle. Is there a a high pressure fuel pump for direct injection on the block or along the unibody or frame rails? Will try to help but, I myself have not been successful. 73's.

15. 711

711 Well-Known Member

Thought I was going to read an update on Bows Anytone, what a Debbie downer lol