• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone Ares 2

I haven't ordered the qt-40 but did do some research on it. The plus you get with the radioddity is the warranty. 18 months of the typical warranty which is good if the radio peters out. I've had nothing but good so far with qixiang made radios so wouldn't expect an issue, but peace of mind at least.

I haven't ordered the qt-40 but did do some research on it. The plus you get with the radioddity is the warranty. 18 months of the typical warranty which is good if the radio peters out. I've had nothing but good so far with qixiang made radios so wouldn't expect an issue, but peace of mind at least.
Think you also get the patch cord with qt40. But the box ain’t as pretty

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi guys, i watched a video where the s-meter on his qt40 didnt register incoming signals right. Kinda just sits mid meter. Anyone know if that is a thing with this model and if ares 2 does it as well ? Thx

I bought an Ares 2 yesterday from undertaker. It was NIB and mint! Only touched by the hands of Mike Scott of Scott's Radios. I watched the video he made while tuning, and out of the box they are so close! Even more so than my AT Q5N2 was.
(By the way, if you buy a radio from undertaker and he says it's NIB, trust me, it is NIB. I've had the pleasure of touring the "room of radios". :ROFLMAO: )
I paired this with the kl 503hd and wow!! What a great match! Without going on and on here, I will say that after using it last night and having close to 15 good QSOs. This radio, so far is my favorite! Constantly getting unsolicited flowers last night. One guy didn't believe me when I told him what I was using. He was on a ICom, sounding choice himself.

Time will tell, but if last night was any indication of how this radio works and is consistent, I'm all in.
@jrd426 - There wasn't any issues with a signal meter glitch on my Ares 2. It works as it should, settleing anywhere between 3 and 7 last night, depending on the noise of the frequency I was on.

Edit: I have to add, the receive on these are great! I keep the NRC on 1 and leave it. But it's not just the NRC. Turn it off and the receive is still cleaner then anything else I have.

Last edited:
I'm setting the pep to hit between 25 and 30 watts ssb, but no more than 30 even though the specs on the 503 HD say 35 max. I don't care to drive it to the max. Mike had the max pep showing around 40ish. I do like the power value showing as you turn the knob. It gives you a target.
I've been on this morning, making a few contacts in Canada, and still getting great reports.
Conditions will get us there, we just have to sound good doing it. Right? ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.