• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Well here you have it fellas. Looks to be the same as the 5000 plus and judging by the features probably the same board as the stryker 955v2 cousin. The price is very nice compared to the others.

Wish I'd of held back buying the 5555n...

Ok I think I remember something about this radio from a you tube video that I cant seem to find.

There are two versions of this radio, one with noise reduction (DSP) and one without. If you want the noise reduction, which is the best selling feature, you have to get the "N" version. The box explains this.

5555plus.jpg

5555plusn.jpg

Ok I think I remember something about this radio from a you tube video that I cant seem to find.

There are two versions of this radio, one with noise reduction (DSP) and one without. If you want the noise reduction, which is the best selling feature, you have to get the "N" version. The box explains this.

View attachment 58756

View attachment 58757
That's good to know, I wouldn't have ever thought that.

So you're saying we need to wait for the PLUS N?

Damn why do they have to make it confusing. Now we have a plus, a plus N, and a whole difference radio which is the 5555N II.....

I have just purchased the 5555plus N from the USA from here in the UK. Hoping it as good as the hype. I also bought a CRT SS 7900 as new in the box from here in the UK. So now awaiting all the cable & aerials i have ordered to test. The only aerial i have is the Shakespear super big stick. Which is way back from my CB days in the 80's. I dare not put that on the roof.

I have just purchased the 5555plus N from the USA from here in the UK. Hoping it as good as the hype. I also bought a CRT SS 7900 as new in the box from here in the UK. So now awaiting all the cable & aerials i have ordered to test. The only aerial i have is the Shakespear super big stick. Which is way back from my CB days in the 80's. I dare not put that on the roof.
Where did you find the 5555 plus N?

Reactions: Rwb
Where did you find the 5555 plus N?
It was advertised on ebay by Silverdeals. Looking at his site it seems he sells all things electrical. Just hope it arrives. Always a worry buying from another country. At least i have Paypal backup. Cost me £56 in import taxes & £23 delivery with UPS. There is a guy doing a revue on one just now on youtube. Not watched it yet. They say it has a better noise filtering board. But not sure what else, over the standard 5555. It also says can be programmed from 25-30 meg. Again i am hopeful.
Steviegtr.
P.S I am an old CB'r from way back & had a few Ham international multimodes & majors. Managed Portugal, Canada & a few in Italy back then. 1987. I think the skip was good then.
Regards.

Well i just watched the revue on the AT 5555plus/N. It seems to be a very good rig. But the only one i could find. So when & if mine arrives i will do a full revue on youtube of it. I have a channel , but not done 10metre or 11metre video's. All mine are engineering type vids & drone etc. I cannot wait to get back into the transceiver world. I spent many hours on the radio. I also spent much time repairing & upgrading cb sets back in the 80's. I did take the City & Guilds radio ham exam & passed , but since lost the paperwork. I was also a member of the Worldwide radio club as WW106. Everyone wanted more power or had popped the outputs. I enjoyed repairing them. The one thing i never mastered was making a echo system that matched the Elbex. Italian cb. I made many systems using bucket brigade delay lines but never got the results desired. I still have a Watkins copycat & a Melos DE-1 chamber that i altered to go mobile with. Regards to all & 73's

Well i just watched the revue on the AT 5555plus/N. It seems to be a very good rig. But the only one i could find. So when & if mine arrives i will do a full revue on youtube of it. I have a channel , but not done 10metre or 11metre video's. All mine are engineering type vids & drone etc. I cannot wait to get back into the transceiver world. I spent many hours on the radio. I also spent much time repairing & upgrading cb sets back in the 80's. I did take the City & Guilds radio ham exam & passed , but since lost the paperwork. I was also a member of the Worldwide radio club as WW106. Everyone wanted more power or had popped the outputs. I enjoyed repairing them. The one thing i never mastered was making a echo system that matched the Elbex. Italian cb. I made many systems using bucket brigade delay lines but never got the results desired. I still have a Watkins copycat & a Melos DE-1 chamber that i altered to go mobile with. Regards to all & 73's
The ones he had listed were the PLUS not the PLUS/N. He's who I asked about the (N) version which he said would be around August. It's a few features left off the one you purchased but still looks to be a nicely loaded radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated