• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

It arrived & the box front shows both models. On the side there is a tick box. 5555plus is ticked. Looks a nice unit. Have the program lead too to unlock channels etc.

Reactions: Eldorado828
You download software to pc. Also read the instruction on how to configure the USB to serial adaptor. Just done mine. Open software & then sw rig on with lead attached. Bit fiddly but eventually it will connect. In software choose 25 to 30 mhz option. All done. If using just 1 antenna you will need a matching unit. As the swr will need changing as you alter frequencies. Still finding options now. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing pc menu.

You download software to pc. Also read the instruction on how to configure the USB to serial adaptor. Just done mine. Open software & then sw rig on with lead attached. Bit fiddly but eventually it will connect. In software choose 25 to 30 mhz option. All done. If using just 1 antenna you will need a matching unit. As the screen will need changing as you alter frequencies. Still finding options now. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing pc menu

I have this new at5556plus and there's nothing to adjust internally at all no turning pods no variables of any kind so there's no possibility of turning or alliging for extra watts or modulation it's all fixed circuit internally and of coarse in the service menu there's only frequency adjustments.
This radio is crap

Reactions: Holydvr
That is what I had heard. I did choose to believe it, so I dumped a bit of money into the V6 versions before they dried up so to speak.

You download software to pc. Also read the instruction on how to configure the USB to serial adaptor. Just done mine. Open software & then sw rig on with lead attached. Bit fiddly but eventually it will connect. In software choose 25 to 30 mhz option. All done. If using just 1 antenna you will need a matching unit. As the swr will need changing as you alter frequencies. Still finding options now. Plenty of vids on YouTube showing pc menu.
Were you able to get it to work on 11m just by using the Ver 7.01 software?
Anything else involved? The radio presumably goes down to 24.715 mhz now.?
The mic is dynamic, and the mic gain is 31 out of the box and the max is 63 so lots of adjustment there.
I am seeing 12w carrier and 43 Pep on AM, 35w Pep on SSB and 40w FM.
The NR function really seems to drop the background noise back a lot, but does not seem to be adjustable. Just ON or OFF. Has an internal heatsink on the audio chip and ventilation holes on the rear of the both covers. Heat sink could be a bit bigger but certainly looks tidy. 4 pin mic plug. A lot to Like.

Were you able to get it to work on 11m just by using the Ver 7.01 software?
Anything else involved? The radio presumably goes down to 24.715 mhz now.?
The mic is dynamic, and the mic gain is 31 out of the box and the max is 63 so lots of adjustment there.
I am seeing 12w carrier and 43 Pep on AM, 35w Pep on SSB and 40w FM.
The NR function really seems to drop the background noise back a lot, but does not seem to be adjustable. Just ON or OFF. Has an internal heatsink on the audio chip and ventilation holes on the rear of the both covers. Heat sink could be a bit bigger but certainly looks tidy. 4 pin mic plug. A lot to Like.
Its like the older version from the front panel.
Hold down emg and func and turn on.
Choose band 2 and press func again till rend on screen.
Doesnt need to be programed
I will test this in the morning.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?