• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

Hmmmm.. So long as you didn't actually change any of the parameters in the service menu you should be OK. Pretty sure the way those change is by keying the mic briefly while the parameter is displayed, when in the service menu.
So, as long as you didn't key up while in the service menu you should be fine.

I strongly suspect the speaker is the problem because you said an external speaker works fine, it's only the internal one which is low in volume. Please correct me if I got that wrong !
The internal and external speakers are selected by a switch inside the ext speaker plug so they share the same circuits. If one is working, the other should also work, unless of course it is blown/defective.
I hooked pin 4 back up it got a little louder, I think the speaker is junk. Compared to my topgun tech quad 5 maybe got spoiled. It’s manageable now. My 148 etc is still louder than it.

Not sure why people mess with the service menu at all in these radios ! It's just asking for trouble. Some folks have bricked perfectly good radios 'cause they just couldn't resist the urge to mess with the service menu......

The Anytone radios work excellent right out of the box........hook it up, use it, and be happy, no need to mess with what doesn't need to be messed with !

Highly unlikely to be anything in the service menu. More likely you're using a non-stock mic and it's overdriving the audio. Or the mic gain is simply set to high.
Agreed

I hooked pin 4 back up it got a little louder, I think the speaker is junk. Compared to my topgun tech quad 5 maybe got spoiled. It’s manageable now. My 148 etc is still louder than it.
Plug an external speaker in and see how it sounds. Haven’t run a stock radio speaker in 20years.

Last edited:
Reactions: camwilk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.