• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555 PLUS

No sir, referring the the 5555 plus/N that is slightly different from the 5555 plus. The 5555N2 is a whole other radio and is why I had commented on why they have to use such similar numbering. It can get confusing to those who don't really know.

People would already get confused when there was only a 5555 and 5555N.
Thank you I just went and looked at it and it is quite a bit different and caught my attention. I think maybe I will purchase one. Is the audio mid range or is it real tinny

Thank you I just went and looked at it and it is quite a bit different and caught my attention. I think maybe I will purchase one. Is the audio mid range or is it real tinny
If it's setup right, the audio is pretty good. The radio passes a pretty good audio range, but you can change that with settings and different mics. I'm using a T-UG8 D-104 and I'm getting awesome reports and I've heard it on gates. Sounds great. I do want a little lower end or bass though, but it is by no means tinny sounding. I'll move into the rest of the settings soon and see if there are any more adjustments for audio. If you get one of these, you do need to make adjustments to get good audio. Wasn't hard to do. I'll get my final adjustments to you but you can start with the sheet I posted a page back.

If it's setup right, the audio is pretty good. The radio passes a pretty good audio range, but you can change that with settings and different mics. I'm using a T-UG8 D-104 and I'm getting awesome reports and I've heard it on gates. Sounds great. I do want a little lower end or bass though, but it is by no means tinny sounding. I'll move into the rest of the settings soon and see if there are any more adjustments for audio. If you get one of these, you do need to make adjustments to get good audio. Wasn't hard to do. I'll get my final adjustments to you but you can start with the sheet I posted a page back.
What does this 5555 radio do that the other 5555 radio did not do. I’m not talking about the 5555N. i’m just talking about the quad five with version six chassis.

What does this 5555 radio do that the other 5555 radio did not do. I’m not talking about the 5555N. i’m just talking about the quad five with version six chassis.
Don't know yet. I just got back into this a few months ago. The Quad 5 is the only radio I have right now. Hopefully money gets right and I can start purchasing again. I liked this one because it's not as heavily menu driven as the others are. You have more knob control. Main factor for me.

I have a V6 model. All I will ever need. From what little I had read, the newest model changed over to where all settings must be changed via computer program if I am correct. No more internal adjustments. I seem to remember the addition of a receive noise filter and the option to change microphone types between condenser etc.. There may be more, but with as happy as I am with the V6, I had no need to really learn anymore about the newest model.

I hope Squints saw this latest info!
I just now seen it and thank you for remembering me on this subject and now I'm thinking of buying another at5555+ although I did get a really good trade for the last one and kinda sorta missed it.
Thanks again

Reactions: Holydvr
I've also came up with a NPC mod for this rig as well. I will post a pic if I can figure out how.
This was just a preliminary test photo to show location of the mod. The final mod on my radio used, I think, a 560 ohm resistor in series with the diode to limit the amount of negative peak compression. A one K ohm variable could be incorporated and be adjusted for proper wave form for a given carrier for optimal performance over a wide range. If only a diode is used the negative peaks will not make it to zero and badly distorts and flattens the negative wave form.
This isn't a huge swinging mod but it does wake up the radio and give a cleaner sound if the radio is adjusted properly in the service menus.
Hope this helps, these are great sounding rigs when set up properly!
Panic Attack Got Down! ;)
In your picture is the npc mod where the diode stands up off the board ?
I don't have a radio to look at but I will in about a week or so as I just ordered a new at5555+.
I had one before and traded it to a Texas star 250HD a trade I couldn't pass

That was my next question about the installation of the max mod would it be a necessary mod after all those service menu adjustments would the max mod be of some improvement to the radio at all ?

The last at-5555+ I had a few months ago was a decent radio and then I came here to the forum asking a bunch of questions about the radio and never really got the answers I was looking for so that's when I decided to trade off my quad 5 to an offer that was presented to me almost dailythat was a Texas star 250HD that I now have and it looks like new and works very well and was a great trade for my quad 5.
After reading this forum about the quad 5 with all the right answers that was not available awhile back has convinced me to purchase another brand new anytone quad 5+ because I really dig it's overall looks and layout of all the functions and the large display and it's colors I can really see comfortably with half blind eyes.
I sure hope all these service menu adjustments do everything as these good men described them to do.

The quad 5+ will be a real nice driver for my Texas star 250HD especially on 27.385 LSB so y'all be monitoring the frequency maybe you will hear ole Shoog Nasty 109 bluegrass state on there and if ya do please haller back .

The last at-5555+ I had a few months ago was a decent radio and then I came here to the forum asking a bunch of questions about the radio and never really got the answers I was looking for so that's when I decided to trade off my quad 5 to an offer that was presented to me almost dailythat was a Texas star 250HD that I now have and it looks like new and works very well and was a great trade for my quad 5.
After reading this forum about the quad 5 with all the right answers that was not available awhile back has convinced me to purchase another brand new anytone quad 5+ because I really dig it's overall looks and layout of all the functions and the large display and it's colors I can really see comfortably with half blind eyes.
I sure hope all these service menu adjustments do everything as these good men described them to do.
There are videos done by qualified techs that squash the BS about the Max Mod. Basically, it's just another piece to help shysters make money doing work your rig doesn't need. Look at You Tube and you'll find them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eldorado828
Ok I took your advice and went to YouTube looking for any video description of the Palomar max mod which I found plenty of video descriptions but none of them had any negative feedback about the max mod I see nothing but praises all around the board for the max mod.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.