• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Cable ordered ETA monday , and about that packing job from AMAZON .Radio box from anytone put in large box from amazon , had room for 3 radio box,s with room to spare and NO paper or bubble wrap nothing to cushion the radio box but AIR . AMAZING !

Reactions: Eldorado828
I would not be surprised if this new board was fitted in the Lincoln 2+ at some point. Maybe a Lincoln 3+ lol.
Although President is very secretive.
Still Anytone is behind most of there radios.

My cable came in , but my com

Sent from my phone , Cable came in , computer went out going to look at best_byes for new one waiting for program from Amazon will get back ASP.
Will you by chance be taking any pictures to show us what's inside? My interest is in that final section due to what is advertised. I'm curious if they've filled the blank spots in like the new 955's vs all other variants.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
HOW TO CONVERT Anytone AT-5555N II new version TO CB/11M. Don't need cable for it. Read it. Ok guys this post will give you some idea about this radio. I am in USA California and I just got his radio 4 days ago (Amazon) and it was recommended by one of the Ham license friend ( By looking at the radio board is almost same as Stryker 955 V2 ($500). There are couple small differences. I was told that Anytone is making those boards and other company's are using them for there radios and customizing to there needs. This radio kicks ass. I am running this radio from the car with 102" whip and talking (with skip) with East Coast. Echo works very nice. Also it has Weather Channels. Anyway this is how you modify this to CB. I think I am one of the first guys that will post this info. I couldn't find anything on the net and Amazon did not respond either. //////Turn off the radio and disconnect power first/////. Open bottom case with the speaker. You will see white wire looks like small loop, same as Striker 955hp V2. Cut that wire. You can check this YouTube video guy is showing that wire in striker radio. In striker radio after cutting that white wire modification is done, NOT in Anytone AT-5555N II. Next step is simple. I hope you guys not gonna get confused. On the left side of that white wire that you just cut is small black jumper on the pin 1 and 2. Get some tweezers and pull that jumper up ( comes of very easy. Not soldered), now move that jumper to pin 2 and 3 and that's it. Make sure that wire you just cut is spread and the ends are not touching each other or anything else. Connect the radio and turn it on. Now you have bad ass CB. Make sure you are running power output that is allowed in your country and stay in CB band "D" otherwise you need Ham license for the other bands.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
(Buy cable for the new model not old version of 5555)
Amazon product ASIN B09X78XFCX/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This is where you can download software /// hit the link above////
choose QPS5555N, unzip and run it ///turn off antivirus program if it blocks the program from running///. You will be disappointed as I was. Software has bad translation, but its usable for some things.Maybe it's just my computers, let me know. I wrote email with pictures to the Anytone Headquarters, we see what they will tell me.
Anyway guys, It took me almost all weekend to do the research and figure this crap, hahahah. What a pain in the a..... but it was wort it. By the way, Don't touch or poke anything else in this radio. Poke your girlfriend not the radio components hahahahaha.
You can call me on 38 LSB channel, most the time on weekends. Call sign WK767 or 767 California Orange County. Have fun. This is grate radio for the money. Never had the striker but it looks like its the same size. I bought Anytone 6666 and I had to returned it because echo would not work. Zero regrets that I returned 6666 and bought AT-5555 N II. If you don't understand this post or you afraid to do the modification ask someone who is more handy with radios and let him do it.
73 and have fun.

New video done by the friend I was talking about. Check his website.
He has good microphones for sale and other stuff. Very nice guy and helpful.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.