• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's the same as V2. I watched the first posted video for V2 before it was made private and I remember something about pushing a bunch of the buttons across the front from left to right....I think but can't exactly recall.

Well the radio is mounted in the truck. We'll give it the smoke test this week! I'm curious on how the AM modulation is going to stack up versus a Stryker. Going to try a couple of different mics including a 636, Road Devil and the stock mic.

JD

Has anyone done a NPC mod yet? It really cleans up the sound on the original Strykers with a proper tune.

Well the radio is mounted in the truck. We'll give it the smoke test this week! I'm curious on how the AM modulation is going to stack up versus a Stryker. Going to try a couple of different mics including a 636, Road Devil and the stock mic.

JD
If your Road Devil don't squeal like alot of them do it might sound pretty good.

FYI this radios also run on 12Meter/ham operators with license only. you have to key 24mhz frequency manually with the knob. I use band A channel 1, then change to frequency mode, and then key the frequency manually with the knob 24.890Mhz. 73

Reactions: Pez
FYI this radios also run on 12Meter/ham operators with license only. you have to key 24mhz frequency manually with the knob. I use band A channel 1, then change to frequency mode, and then key the frequency manually with the knob 24.890Mhz. 73
Very good to know!
I see you have the "unusual" vfo mode figured out. Alot of operators can't get their head around how the vfo mode changes the programming of the channel. I am assuming this operates similar to the 6666 in that aspect.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
Very good to know!
I see you have the "unusual" vfo mode figured out. Alot of operators can't get their head around how the vfo mode changes the programming of the channel. I am assuming this operates similar to the 6666 in that aspect.
very cool. Cool radio.

I'll report on mine when time gives me the chance to even open it up. Time has been very little being affiliated with what's called a turnaround in an oil refinery. Long days since 2 weeks ago and will be for the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm ready to get that dude out and see what you fellas have been talking about. Really stoked about the noise reduction after seeing it in a video, shows to make all the difference in the world!

I'll report on mine when time gives me the chance to even open it up. Time has been very little being affiliated with what's called a turnaround in an oil refinery. Long days since 2 weeks ago and will be for the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm ready to get that dude out and see what you fellas have been talking about. Really stoked about the noise reduction after seeing it in a video, shows to make all the difference in the world!
I think you will be real happy! After a week I am definitely pleased with mine!

JD

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?