• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone at-5555n II (version 2)

CRT 7900 v same radio same features…
Had a phone conversation with Mike today and per the conversation the only difference is the lack of Noa weather channels and means of converting to 11 meters. Another positive is that he inspects them and checks out the programming before shipping so that gives peace of mind.

Well I'll retract my statement of placing hesenate at fault and will instead point the finger at the site. I messaged them and this was their reply. I've never had an issue buying from the site but now knowing their practices it makes me skittish. Screenshot_20220722-222054_Gmail.jpg

So I used those funds to instead get the crt version from Scott's radio's.

I appreciate the advice from you gents!

Well I'll retract my statement of placing hesenate at fault and will instead point the finger at the site. I messaged them and this was their reply. I've never had an issue buying from the site but now knowing their practices it makes me skittish. View attachment 59914

So I used those funds to instead get the crt version from Scott's radio's.

I appreciate the advice from you gents!
Nice choice, just bought microphone for my 5555 II from Mike, Scott's Radio's. K-PO NM 452 with echo.

Last edited:
I returned my 5555 n2. It was a good radio, and the DSP was excellent.

The radio would not work right with my four transistor Toshiba 2879's B biased base amp. With the amp on, the input was good, but the output SWR was all over the place. Tried different length jumpers, and it was still bad.

Called my tech. He let me borrow two half wave jumpers. I used one between the amp and radio, and the SWR input and output was good. I have used this amp with various radios such as Stryker 955, Stryker 447 HPC2, a Cobra 29, and a Cobra 142 GTL. SWR input and output has been fine using two six foot jumper with those radios.

Anyway, I don't know what was going on with the radio, so I just returned it even though I liked the radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: TIN_CAN
All I know is that a guy bought a new Stryker 955 V2 to use with his CarlBuilt two transistor 2879C box. Other radios would work fine with the amp.

The Stryker 955V2 SWR was all over the place with a dummy load. My tech said he thought about how Texas Star uses a blocking cap, and that solved the problem. I have no idea what a blocking cap does!

Anyway, it was not worth owning the radio, and it not working like it should with the amp while other radios worked just fine with it.

It,s good to hear you got your new radio today man I hope this one,s working as you like . I was going to order a new KPO mic today from scotts today as I no you and others have had good luck going to him but he will not take phone orders . Do you know of any other radio dealers that have the KPO mic ? .

Late day so this is as far as it went with getting my hands on it. There's tomorrow and the weekend for a chance at powering it up though.
20220728_173428.jpg

So you gents that have owned one for a little while now, what mic flavor works well aside from the stock mic? I like the k-po but I've got several different mics and don't want to spend more on one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated