• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anytone quad 6

I have been running my quad 6 @ 90 PEP for 4 months now without issues. When shooting skip, the TX/RX cycle is around 50%, with the fan running, the heat sink barely gets warm even after 30+ minutes. When stock, before the tune up, vishay520's, and fan this radio would get to hot to touch after less than 5 minutes of operation.

I have been running my quad 6 @ 90 PEP for 4 months now without issues. When shooting skip, the TX/RX cycle is around 50%, with the fan running, the heat sink barely gets warm even after 30+ minutes. When stock, before the tune up, vishay520's, and fan this radio would get to hot to touch after less than 5 minutes of operation.

Got a picture of your fan setup? Would like to put a fan on my Quad 6.

Once my amp gets rebuilt, about 35 to 40 watts pep with a 4 to 5 watt carrier is all that I will be running my radio at. I do get long winded, so a fan mounted to the heatsink would help with cooling. Best radio I have ever owned.

My Anytone 6666 is running cool now. I use it for my base station radio. I talk locally for hours some times, and the radio was getting too hot for me even with a five watt dead key.

Bought a Wathai 120mmx32mm AC blower fan with variable speed fan controller. It's laying flat behind the radio, and it does not move around even at high speed. Been using the variable speed set to 12:00, and it keeps the radio good and cool.

Fan is $20.99 on Amazon. It's double ball. At full blast it's too loud for me. Blows enough air set at 12:00 to keep my radio cool. Fan link below.

www.amazon.com/dp/B08Q3Q2354?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

41reYuv0XNL._SY445_SX342_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated