• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AO-27

Qwazyone

Jan 25, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
I know W1MED has worked AO-27, but this sat has a timing sequence of off/on/analog/digital. The schedule is posted at www.ao27.org and at the bottom of the page there is a link to a website with a computer program that will figure out when each event occurs(on/off/dig/ana) AO-27 Satellite Scheduler

Has anyone else used this? The info from the program matches what the webpage indicates for the next event which for now is dig at 11:57:52 UTC

Thanks for the link to the calculator. I wasn't aware that they had that, so it will definitely make it easier to make contacts on that bird.

I have actually had the thing change modes while I was working it, kind of odd to all of a sudden get packet bursts ..

For some reason I think I have only heard AO-27 on the south-north passes(ascending passes?, been too long since I took the tests). Maybe with having next week off, I'll get a chance on A0-27 and I think that AO-51 will be back on V/U mode.

W1MED, I did notice those packet bursts would occur at about the same position in the sky and then I found the info on amsat and the different modes

moleculo, glad you like it, hope to make contact at some time on one of the birds

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced 2.4 GHz receiver for Ao-51 V/S mode

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.