• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Apache Labs SDR

Jim1428

Feb 13, 2017
I was curious if anyone has more info on the possible new equipment coming from Apache Labs?

There is some info posted in the Apache Labs news thread on the discussion board,
but nothing has been confirmed by the company, so I would consider it vaporware
at this point.

I am looking to purchase a Flex or Apache Labs sdr late summer.

I have just started the research on these products so any advise would be welcome.

There is supposed to be a 500 watt version of the 7000dle coming out but it's not a sure thing. I understand the 8000 has been discontinued. I wouldn't buy a flex unless you want to operate remotely. The anan will do it but is more complicated.

The anan is not as plug and play, but is open source so people are constantly making improvements to firmware and there are a lot of software options. I enjoy that aspect of it. People with felx rigs have to pay for updates.

My favorite thing about the anan is puresignal. I have a 100 and 7000 and have been happy with both of them. The 100 has some quirks but is a good rig. I will probably part with it soon as it's not being used.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
There is supposed to be a 500 watt version of the 7000dle coming out but it's not a sure thing. I understand the 8000 has been discontinued. I wouldn't buy a flex unless you want to operate remotely. The anan will do it but is more complicated.

The anan is not as plug and play, but is open source so people are constantly making improvements to firmware and there are a lot of software options. I enjoy that aspect of it. People with felx rigs have to pay for updates.

My favorite thing about the anan is puresignal. I have a 100 and 7000 and have been happy with both of them. The 100 has some quirks but is a good rig. I will probably part with it soon as it's not being used.
I also like the open source concept, I installed the thetis software on a spare
machine and I must say it looks very good.

Thanks for your input.

ELAD is getting ready to release a big standalone unit at end of year. Two models, 120 watt and 220 watt and 10" screen. FLEX needs to build middle price units. Out of all the SDR rigs I've owned, my ELAD is world's above. I like to have another ANAN, though.

I started with the FLEX 1500. I liked it and wanted to upgrade. The FLEX 3000's Firewire was repulsive and the next model up now is crazy high price.

Last edited:
ELAD is getting ready to release a big standalone unit at end of year. Two models, 120 watt and 220 watt and 10" screen. FLEX needs to build middle price units. Out of all the SDR rigs I've owned, my ELAD is world's above. I like to have another ANAN, though.

I started with the FLEX 1500. I liked it and wanted to upgrade. The FLEX 3000's Firewire was repulsive and the next model up now is crazy high price.
I will take a look at the Elad. Agree about Flex, if they don't have a midrange unit
they are going to loose sales to these new units.

It's a nice unit. It's my main rig now. It's a joy to use. Currently using an RM Italy HLA-300v. I ordered an Ameritron ALS-600 sold state amp. Going to remove input padding so it will deliver full power from the ELAD.

You have 4khz wide transmit in standalone mode. If you use the computer you have tons of audio adjustments that rivals or surpasses higher end rigs. The stock hand mic that comes with it isn't bad. The HM-198 that the IC-7000 comes with is WAY better. I get no difference in audio reports with the 198 versus my ICOM desk mics. I've yet to experiment with USB mics. Once I get my bench made I'll experiment my audio. The display, while small, is easy to read. Having 4 independent receivers is sweet.

It's a nice unit. It's my main rig now. It's a joy to use. Currently using an RM Italy HLA-300v. I ordered an Ameritron ALS-600 sold state amp. Going to remove input padding so it will deliver full power from the ELAD.

You have 4khz wide transmit in standalone mode. If you use the computer you have tons of audio adjustments that rivals or surpasses higher end rigs. The stock hand mic that comes with it isn't bad. The HM-198 that the IC-7000 comes with is WAY better. I get no difference in audio reports with the 198 versus my ICOM desk mics. I've yet to experiment with USB mics. Once I get my bench made I'll experiment my audio. The display, while small, is easy to read. Having 4 independent receivers is sweet.
Sounds interesting, you will have to show us some pictures of it. I bet a studio mic would work well.

My stock mic had a defective switch. It took them 19 days to ship a replacement from South Carolina. I inquired about it 4 times, after each time telling me it would ship that day. I hope warranty service isn't the same.

An ELAD forum user advised I should buy an HM-198 hand mic. It's the mic that comes with the IC-7100. Audio reports are very good. The stock mics sound OK, but are junky feeling. I'm researching varios mics to use on a boom. I need something directional with canceling. All my hand mics are extremely sensitive. They pick up the slightest noise even on lower gain settings. Literally a pin drop.

Using a USB mic with software is where this rig shines. There are gads of USB options to choose from and will take time to research a good (cheap) one.

My stock mic had a defective switch. It took them 19 days to ship a replacement from South Carolina. I inquired about it 4 times, after each time telling me it would ship that day. I hope warranty service isn't the same.

An ELAD forum user advised I should buy an HM-198 hand mic. It's the mic that comes with the IC-7100. Audio reports are very good. The stock mics sound OK, but are junky feeling. I'm researching varios mics to use on a boom. I need something directional with canceling. All my hand mics are extremely sensitive. They pick up the slightest noise even on lower gain settings. Literally a pin drop.

Using a USB mic with software is where this rig shines. There are gads of USB options to choose from and will take time to research a good (cheap) one.

Looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine, but that was like 5 years ago.

There's bound to be some good quality Chinese stuff out there for a lot less money.

Brett

Sounds like a dynamic mic would be better if background noise is an issue.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated