• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ARE SUNSPOTS DISAPPEARING ??

The Sun is 5 billion years old.
Mankind studies sunspots for 400 years.

Looking at that, any prediction is futile.
Though my antenna's for 160 - 20 are doing fine :D

I think it's merely that the sun's day to day activity is trendy and variable, not unlike our weather. The approximate 11 & 1/2 year sunspot cycle is a predictable trend, but there's little predicting tomorrow's activity much less next weeks or next months.

damn sun....all it does is hang there and glow like a big jerk!

You guys do realize that the sun is powered by an internal fuel source and will eventually become like a flickering candle and we will all have larger issues then everyone will really be wishing for a solar flare.lol

Yes but the moon is so unpredictable and moody. I mean it is always going thru one phase or another. :D

This is true QRN, but the moon is also more in control of it's actions...(or moods).... it changes shape in regular cycles without fail, and also makes the tide rise and fall on a pretty accurate schedule....

The Sun can't even puke out a decent solar flare when it's suppose to....

I vote for the moon....:D ;)

so it took only 17 years to learn all regarding how frequently the sun produces sun spots..
R O F L

The sun is a weather system all of its own..
we know so little about how it truly works..

I doubt we are entering another era where for decades we will have basically a sun spot free period..

The moon is far less moody indeed....LOL

You guys do realize that the sun is powered by an internal fuel source and will eventually become like a flickering candle and we will all have larger issues then everyone will really be wishing for a solar flare.lol

You are right about the ever dwindling supply of nuclear fuel to power the sun however somehow I don't think I'll be around to worry about that happening. They figure the sun is about half way thru it's lifetime and has only about another 4 billion years or so before it becomes a red giant and consumes all the inner planets including Earth.

It indeed is likely the sun is half way through its lifespan..
Regardless of that though...
Long before the sun destroys itself...
Our earth will not be habitable ..

At best earth will be capable of supporting life for another billion yrs
Likely far less..

You and I however will have perished long before then..

If the human race is to survive though..
We will do so only by learning to conquer space..
So we can move on to other worlds/planets to habitat .

...And then we will destroy those worlds/planets as we are destroying this one.

But Of Course..
Do u actually think we learn from our mistakes..
No matter how bad and screwed up those mistakes are...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated