1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

ARF 2001 base station

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by TIN_CAN, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:31 PM.

1. TIN_CAN

TIN_CAN Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience with one of these ARF 2001 base station? There is one forsale in my area and have never seen or heard of one. The best part is he is asking $2200 ouch!

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1536756889

[​IMG]

Shadetree Mechanic and codeman like this.

2. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

Well, since he is throwing in coax and a firestik antenna, I may just have to take out a loan.

TIN_CAN likes this.
  3. TIN_CAN

Yeah I hear yeah....firestick must be worth something...lol

4. mrgumby

mrgumby W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

He’s smoking some good crack

BJ radionut likes this.
  5. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

My experience?

Limited to about a half dozen of them. Makes it pretty rare, right there.

A prototype design. The first thousand units of a mass-produced radio are generally used to nail down any errors in the design. By "error", I mean the things that get tweaked and optimized.

But the ARF never got much past that stage. The radios I have seen are more sophisticated than what some would call a prototype.

But more like "beta test". Close to what a final production design should be.

Close.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  6. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Sr. Member

Shadetree Mechanic, Robb and TIN_CAN like this.
  7. TIN_CAN

Good info on that radio, No intentions on buying it though, so they seem to be a collectable radio.

8. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Translation: Cool to look at, not so much to operate.