• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic Mobile EchoMax

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
has anybody had any experiance with the mobile Echomax X Astatic. i use the EchoMax 2000 at the base and find that nothing can touch the auuuuuuuuuudio that these mics have. it makes any radio loud and clear with or with out the Echo. will the mobile echomax do the same.

radioreddz said:
has anybody had any experiance with the mobile Echomax X Astatic. i use the EchoMax 2000 at the base and find that nothing can touch the auuuuuuuuuudio that these mics have. it makes any radio loud and clear with or with out the Echo. will the mobile echomax do the same.

I had one of those things and it was a high priced piece of junk.
(The mobile inline echo box).

You are better off getting a good echo board and mic for your mobile.

Re: mobile max mic

351_bear said:
I had one worked great for about a month and crapped out then i switched over to a rf limited 2018 extreme awsome soundind mic and is loud as hell
10-4 on the 2018 extreme i have been using one too they are great with the audio. how do you like your Y quad i see you have listed. just was woundering if the echo max mobile was anything like the base mic. also how high do you have ur Y Quad

Re: mobile max mic

radioreddz said:
351_bear said:
I had one worked great for about a month and crapped out then i switched over to a rf limited 2018 extreme awsome soundind mic and is loud as hell
10-4 on the 2018 extreme i have been using one too they are great with the audio. how do you like your Y quad i see you have listed. just was woundering if the echo max mobile was anything like the base mic. also how high do you have ur Y Quad

Never tried the 2018.

Re: MICS

351_bear said:
i have the y quad about 36 ft off the ground it works great but i'm going to upgrade to a laser 500 pretty soon the 2018 is an ecelent mic even in the turbo model
i had a Y quad at the same height worked quite well, never hear many people that use them i have a true quad now a sig eng. lightning 4 plus but i am goin to make the same move as you this summer and move up to a Laser 500 they are killer antennas i am also going to stay at 36' thought about 54' but with that size antenna i am going to stay low first wave.

radioreddz said:
I just bought the echomax 2000 for 40 bucks, and you are right about the audio.I also bought a mobilemax and it worked well when my radio was barefoot, but the minute I fired up the power, it squealed like a pig. It definitely is susceptible to rf.

radioreddz said:
I just bought the echomax 2000 for 40 bucks, and you are right about the audio.I also bought a mobilemax and it worked well when my radio was barefoot, but the minute I fired up the power, it squealed like a pig. It definitely is susceptible to rf.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.