• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astron Power Supply problem

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
I have an Astron 20a ps that has worked flawlessly. Tonight I hooked up a mobile radio and after a little bit the radio was off. The light was still on on the power supply. I pulled the fuse and it was ok. Put it back in and it worked ok for a little bit then did the same thing. The light comes on. When I try to power something up the radio will come on briefly then go out like the power was shut off. It will do this same thing everytime now with anything I hook up to it . Anyone had any experience with this or some knowledge of what the problem may be ?

Thanks

I put a volt meter on the 2 posts and it reads correct voltage present. But as soon as I turn on anything attached to the posts the voltage cuts off and goes to 0 . As soon as I turn OFF the radio or whatever is attached the voltage rises back to where it should be.

Someone told me the regulator goes bad in these. I took the case off and lifted the board to check locations, blew out the dust inside and put the board back on. I connected my tuner then switched on the power supply and now it is working ! Don't know what the problem was.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.