• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-6666 vs Lincoln II+

MC133

Sep 1, 2017
Hey everyone, Been off the air a little over 10 years and thinking about returning.
I've owned may different radio's in the past.
I've been looking and reading about 2 radios but as all you know using them is a whole other story.
Just wanted to know a few opinions about the Anytone AT-6666 and the President Lincoln II+.
Transmit audio, Receive selectivity and Build quality?
And whats the most current version of the AT-6666?

Thanks & 73

Reactions: tshows

Audio quality and receiver selectivity are determined by your technician.
In regards to build quality, I really like this AT-6666.
How it performs out of the box isn't something I ever experimented with but I really like how mine works after all modifications were made.
Mike doesn't seem too Keen on this President Lincoln 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: KD2GOE
I have the AT6666, from the circuit diagrams the Lincoln II is very close build. Mine is an early build and needs some mods and hoping the same mods for the early Lincoln will work. I like my 6666 and stock mic works very good!
Less money to boot!

mechanic

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Thanks for the info and that Lincoln II+ still couldn't get it right the 4th time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: W2EKG
I tested both the Anytone 6666 and the Lincoln II. The Anytone is cheaper but it also feels a bit cheaper than the Lincoln II in the finish. Both radios perform well and have similar output with a slight edge to the Anytone although it heated up a bit more.

I did test the very first Lincoln II V1 and it did have some issues that they fixed in the V2 and V3 versions. I did the manual fixes on the V1 and after that it worked great. I also tested out the V3 version and had no issues.

As far as problems with newer digital radios...it's apples and apples and you might get one that works for years without issues or it dies in a month. it could happen with either the Anytone or the Lincoln. Hell it happens with modern $1200 ham radios that die after a month of use. However I wouldn't let a couple of horror stories scare you away from either radio.

I would choose the radio that has the features you want - after testing both I wouldn't say one was so much better overall that it would always be my recommendation. I used the Lincoln II daily for 2 years without issue and recently removed it from the vehicle to test the new President McKinley. I gave the Anytone a good 6 months of testing and then got rid it but had no problems and liked the stock microphone audio on that one.

Another issue to consider is warranty and customer service. I've been able to get a hold of people at President when i had questions, really isn't much information for Anytone customer service/warranty online comparatively.

I've owned (3) of the President Lincoln II models and (1) of the Anytone 6666 and used both models quite a bit for testing.

Last edited:
Thanks, I like both radios in their own way as far as functions go. I've always liked the features & lay out of the 2950's but those radios have terrible selectivity and very noisy receiver as I owned them in the past. Not good for skip on SSB. Do any of these radios have a receiver like the RCI 2950?

Sideband use is where you'll notice the major differences probably.
The clarifier on the Anytone can dial into any frequency as opposed to the Lincoln clarifier which is incremental and goes in 50 hertz increments.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Thanks, I like both radios in their own way as far as functions go. I've always liked the features & lay out of the 2950's but those radios have terrible selectivity and very noisy receiver as I owned them in the past. Not good for skip on SSB. Do any of these radios have a receiver like the RCI 2950?

If you think the 2950 has a noisy receiver I doubt you'd find the Anytone or Lincoln to be any quieter. :) With most of the newer radios I find them to be pretty noisy however I also find they also have better receive than some of the older radios. When I run them I turn on the NB/ANL and Hi-Cut and then usually adjust the RF gain down slightly to make them a little less noisy but still hear everyone I want to hear.

For SSB I still prefer listening to a Uniden PC-122XL in the vehicle compared to the newer radios :) I'm slowly losing my hearing though so in a few years my noisy new radios will sound like my old CB's anyways.

Right out of the box they all suck on receive. I would even include the Cobra 148 in that list but that's something a good technician can rectify so I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker as far as a purchase is concerned.

Reactions: Nico1885
I was thinking maybe a Yaesu FT-450D but I at the same time I wanted something small and not to expensive for the moble.

I am sorry but you shouldn't have to send a radio to tech right after you buying to make it work right. What a waste of money
In theory that makes a lot of sense although in practice, these manufacturers don't exactly take too much pride in the spectral purity of their transceivers unless we're talking about an Icom Kenwood or a Yaesu.
Some of us take more Pride than others in not creating this problem. When you buy a junkie radio for a cheap price you can't expect it to put out the cleanest signal.

12z8yl.jpg

Last edited:
In theory that makes a lot of sense although in practice, these manufacturers don't exactly take too much pride in the spectral purity of their transceivers
People choose to accept this cheap crap and therefor the MFG have zero incentive to improve the product. The cream does rise to the top for some but those are few and far between.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.