• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT-6666 vs Lincoln II+

All modern technology is crap no matter what the device is if its sent to america from another country then you can bet its made to fail intentionally.
My 2 year old 9900 has been working fine no tune up no tweek n peak nothing.....
Same for the two local guys running the AT 6666 all box stock radios.

I got no problem with modern tech, it's nice to turn the thermostat up at home from my phone 20 min before I get there........

Jeff

Thankfully I've not needed any warranty with my Anytones, and the quad 6 have surpassed the 3 years now. One of them the encoder is about worn out but still kicks the cat and walks the dog.

The presidents do have warranty which is good, especially as often as I've seen them need it. They're probably fine as long as the golden screwdriver doesn't turn cans inside. Seems the ones off frequency are ones that have been tampered with.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
All modern technology is crap no matter what the device is if its sent to america from another country then you can bet its made to fail intentionally.
That Is one thing I dont like about my lincoln 2, If it fails it is a disposable Item. Although I have seen president replace an out of warranty Lincoln 2 version 1 for free a couple of weeks ago.

Hi i want to know if the At6666 and Lincoln 2+ mikes are compatible, they have the same 6 pin plug and up and down buttons.

Actually, my forever drifting galaxies, unidens, cobras, rangers, etc. that I've ever owned in the past can't even come close to the stable and reliable Chinese products. New technologies move us forward. Too bad the other companies can't or won't catch up to 2023. I honestly don't understand this mentality.
This has happened in another hobby I'm into. New technology is kicking the old guys ass!! And they choose not to embrace it. So yeah, they'll be closing their doors soon. Throwing one last pitty party.
"You kids get off my grass!!"

Hi i want to know if the At6666 and Lincoln 2+ mikes are compatible, they have the same 6 pin plug and up and down buttons.
Somewhat compatible..
The 6 pin pinout is the same but the channel changing values are different so your up/down buttons will not work correctly.

The quad 6 also has voltage on the center pin (pin 6)also but that wire probably isn't connected on the president mic. Btw I'm not talking about the voltage on the audio wire for the electret capsule, that's probably fine when interchanging them.

Well after owning And using the lincoln 2 for a year I have to say the am squelch sucks. If you are talking to a station with strong carrier and weak modulation it works ok. If the station you are talking to goes over about 70% modulation they start chopping.
I much prefer the squelch on the old uniden radios and the ranger made radios.

Well after owning And using the lincoln 2 for a year I have to say the am squelch sucks. If you are talking to a station with strong carrier and weak modulation it works ok. If the station you are talking to goes over about 70% modulation they start chopping.
I much prefer the squelch on the old uniden radios and the ranger made radios.
My Lincoln II+ did that right out of the box. Back it went. The replacement didn't suffer from the choppy receive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.