• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT Group

I will admit to having been a member waaaaaay back shortly after the group started but that was back in my young and foolish days before I knew any better. Nowadays I tend to shun anything radio related that comes out of Italy especially on or near 14.195 MHz. Google IT9RYH and you will see why.

Despite all of Aldo's (1AT01) indiscretions...which are many...the AT thing seems only 99.3% bad.

They did create the 11 meter DX Country List which assigned a number to each country and this list has been copied by other groups (why create a whole new list of different country numbers which would just get confusing?).

So an AT Country List, one of which I got about 25 years ago, is helpful. You hear somebody out there calling 52AT237 or "52 Division xxxx" leaves you sitting there wondering what where they are. What country is number 52?

Otherwise, whether of jealousy or Aldo or name-your-hate....the AT's have become the 11M DX Group that everyone loves to hate.

I myself refuse to talk to any U.S. station calling out with his goofy-ass 2ATxxxx number. How embarrassing
157fs409780.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.