• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

AT666

RT431

In the swamp
Dec 2, 2018
Nebraska
IMG_20190823_152925388.jpg

Found this on the porch yesterday.
As soon as I get some time I will put it on the bench and post my thoughts.

That Uniden Grant XL did not have a blue face when I got it. It had the very worn factory original silver colored faceplate. Radio from Ebay...yes. From NC...no.

The blue face is a faceplate decal from Gamma Ray Graphics.

https://www.gammaraygraphics.com/home.html

I also have (from a different supplier) a 2nd blue flame faceplate that is somewhat different. I still have that one but not on a radio. Might put in another Grant XL someday...might sell it.

414096434.jpg

Hello Folks,
I'm ol Farmer Brown, a friend just last night highly recommended the AT6666. I do think that in the coming months that I will get one.
Also, that Grant with the blue face is very nice looking. I have one that is set up like the President but it has Uniden Grant on it, I always figured it was a model they made right as they took over President. Very good talker and drives my Gray 300 well.

EDIT...My friend said that he got his AT6666 from Walmart.com with a warranty of some sort for around $250

I finally got a chance to play with the at 6666 on the bench for a few mins this afternoon. Pretty easy to setup. Didn't take long to figure out the menu. I need a little more time to play with it, but so far I'm liking this radio. Using the stock mic for now. Will look awesome in the new truck.:)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?