• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

avanti av-190 saturn

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
they call me herb

P1010399.jpg

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/ukmudduck/avanti av-190 saturn/

i must say a big thanks to 212 for finding this and shipping it to me,
and to mack for not taking it when i gave him the opportunity, it came to its rightful home(y)(y)(y)

Man that look like a great find bob. I'm curious to see the voltage fed dipoles you mentioned and how they are fed.

That looks just like the antenna a friend of mine in Mesa, Arizona just sold a few months ago. Great antennas and extremely hard to find.

Good Luck with it...I'm sure you will enjoy.

BC

not yet, i keep looking at it and thinking about how much apple tree i need to cut down to clear the horizontal radials and wires,
sold my chainsaw today and i love apple pie and apple crumble so it could be a while:D

Bob 85

That and the fact that it weighs 5 pounds more than a Moonraker 4 and raising in on a push-up pole can be quite a job in itself.

Mine is missing the copper DC ground coil.
If you can give me any info as to it's size, number of turns etc. it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

KT

I just noticed you first post says they call me herb bob,what we actually said was you smoke too much herb,:love::love::LOL::LOL:

thats why the av190 is not blowing in the wind my friend,just like my tornado.

Reactions: Marconi
the saturn coil is 8 turns of .083" enamled copper, close wound with an internal bore of .760"
the tail off one end including ring connector is 1-1/4" the other end is 2-3/8" including ring connector bent at 90 degrees 5/8" from the coil.

Reactions: Marconi
Bob

Thanks for the info on the coil.
I've been waiting all this time but I guess I didn't get an email notice there was a reply.
I was notified when you updated Photobucket so I Googled the Avanti AV-190 Saturn again to find this site, I forgot where I posted. :)

Now I can make the coil and sell Avanti Saturn.

Thanks

KT

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.