• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

avanti av-190 saturn

SO WHAT DID AVANTI SEE IN THIS ANTENNA? I WOULD LUV TO HAVE BEEN THERE. AVANTI STATED THAT THEY SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR RESEARCH . ONE THING I CAN SAY IS THE DESIGN IS SPECTACULAR,THEY HAVE GREAT IDEAS IN THAT ERA OF TIME. AVANTI REALLY THOUGHT OUT OF THE BOX, THAN OTHER ANTENNA COMPANIES. TO BAD NOBODY EVER MADE A HISTORY CHANNEL , GREAT MARVELS , ABOUT AVANTI. ITS HISTORY ABOUT THEM. IS AVANTI A ITALIAN DEVELOPER? WHOS BEHIND IT, AND THEIR IDEAS.

sanman , if your area doesn't get very strong storms or much icing in the winter the 150 should be durable enough .

i doubt avanti would have sold large numbers of saturns at the price they wanted back in the day, as far as i am aware mine is the only saturn in the uk,

the horizontal is interesting and complex, im sorry i can't tell you how well or poorly it performs in my yard,
imho avanti were in a league of their own, i still don't think many people understand how some of their antennas operate.

Reactions: 2 people
i almost missed the boat 194,
i was chasing a nos sigma4 from sparky's, 212 called him and got back to me, i had missed the sigmas by a day, all sold for $110 each, some bloke that bought one went back the next day and bought the rest, all he had was saturns left,
212 had not asked him for a price as he thought i was only interested in sigma4's ( i understand why he would have thought that )

i recalled seeing the saturn in my sigma4 booklet as a kid so i had an idea of what it was, i knew saturns were rarer than rockinghorse shit over here, call him back i said and find out buddy,
212 ordered one, i almost fell off my chair at the price, $80 for a NOS saturn, the best bargain antenna i ever bought by a long long way,
he called back a couple of days later to buy the rest of them but they had gone too,

all i need now is jazzsingers NOS astroplane:laugh:.

Reactions: 1 person
i doubt avanti would have sold large numbers of saturns at the price they wanted back in the day, as far as i am aware mine is the only saturn in the uk,

the horizontal is interesting and complex, im sorry i can't tell you how well or poorly it performs in my yard,
imho avanti were in a league of their own, i still don't think many people understand how some of their antennas operate.
I know a couple of he Avanti designers and even they never fully understood how it worked. They were based out of the Chicago area and a few of them are still around here and check into the nets.

Reactions: 2 people
I know a couple of he Avanti designers and even they never fully understood how it worked. They were based out of the Chicago area and a few of them are still around here and check into the nets.

It would be great if they could contribute to this forum.

i almost missed the boat 194,
i was chasing a nos sigma4 from sparky's, 212 called him and got back to me, i had missed the sigmas by a day, all sold for $110 each, some bloke that bought one went back the next day and bought the rest, all he had was saturns left,
212 had not asked him for a price as he thought i was only interested in sigma4's ( i understand why he would have thought that )

i recalled seeing the saturn in my sigma4 booklet as a kid so i had an idea of what it was, i knew saturns were rarer than rockinghorse shit over here, call him back i said and find out buddy,
212 ordered one, i almost fell off my chair at the price, $80 for a NOS saturn, the best bargain antenna i ever bought by a long long way,
he called back a couple of days later to buy the rest of them but they had gone too,

all i need now is jazzsingers NOS astroplane:laugh:.

Great story!

Only $80 for a NOS Saturn! You could probably sell it for 6 times that amount on eBay.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.