• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Avanti Moonraker 6 new in box

The elements would need to be shorter to be resonant at a higher frequency. You might be able to make it work with just the gamma but that doesn't fix your problem, it would just make the swr tolerable for the radio. But there is more to it than just swr when it comes to changing bands. We can probably help you with the calculation, but we will need to know what frequency you want to tune to exactly. This will set the middle of your range so you will be good above and below this point for a certain amount. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can elaborate.
Chris
28.400 THANK YOU!!!!

BB,
  • ARRL Antenna handbook.
  • Look up/Google Yagi element length and spacing for your specific frequency of interest.
Formulas are available for frequency 1/2 wavelength calculations and element spacing per driven element to reflector spacing, driven element to 1st director, 1st director to 2nd director and so on.(Normally presented as a percentage of wavelength. Ex .25 w/l or .3 w/l ect)
Compare those specs/advice to the Moonraker specs/instructions. Keep the element length the same proportions and element spacing the same proportions as the Moonraker spacing and extrapolate dimensions for your needed frequency. You should end up with the same results as the advertised specs of the Moonraker 6.

And Marconi's modeling efforts would confirm all dimensions.(y)

Good Luck
David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated