• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bahrain on 17 meters

You would be surprised. Timing counts for a lot in a pile up. I have cracked many a pile up with no more than 100 watts and a three element tribander or an inverted L.

S563EB is on that freq now. missed Bahrain.

I have been to Manama several times but would have been nice to make the contact.

heard Kuait on 18.125 as well very strong...but those guys are gone now...the pileups they has sounded like a buzzsaw on crack ...was no way my little peanut whistle station was getting through

Heard some really sexy DX all day on 20M and 15M, Jordan, Hong Kong, Thailand to name a few, but couldn't crack the pileups with my 100 watts. :( Some days ya got it and some days ya don't. Rig: Yeasu FT-450D. Antenna: Mosley CL-33 tri-bander up at 40'.

Mark K7OWG

i guess i will have to take a day off work to make this contact. He is gone by time I get to the QTH.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.