• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base CB Antenna Height?

Galaxy 959

Feb 2, 2014
Arkansas
I got a 50-60' nice tower gave to me. I only plan on using 40' of it for my Sirio Tornado 27. I've had people tell me just to put it at 36' at the first wave length. Whats your guys opinion on this? Should I go 36' or 40'. I might can get to 45'. My new coax coming in is 60' and I might not need the whole 20' extra to make it into the house. I've googled it and get just mixed results. Just want your guy opinion. Thanks!!

I got a 50-60' nice tower gave to me. I only plan on using 40' of it for my Sirio Tornado 27. I've had people tell me just to put it at 36' at the first wave length. Whats your guys opinion on this? Should I go 36' or 40'. I might can get to 45'. My new coax coming in is 60' and I might not need the whole 20' extra to make it into the house. I've googled it and get just mixed results. Just want your guy opinion. Thanks!!
The higher the better.......,and someday you may put a bean on there with the omi. over that, and maybe a dipole off the side....Don't for get to put an arm or two and pulleys as well with some good line on the pulleys so you can put things up, and down. Maybe put a heavy line on so you can rig a "Bosun's seat to go up and down yourself for antenna work....Good luck, and have fun with your tower ;)

Reactions: Galaxy 959
The higher the better.......,and someday you may put a bean on there with the omi. over that, and maybe a dipole off the side....Don't for get to put an arm or two and pulleys as well with some good line on the pulleys so you can put things up, and down. Maybe put a heavy line on so you can rig a "Bosun's seat to go up and down yourself for antenna work....Good luck, and have fun with your tower ;)
Ooops....I meant, "Put a beam on it". A bean I don't think will Tx.")

Reactions: 2RT307
How much differnce locally.

As far as dx I have an IMAX 2000 on a 8" corner 5' fence post and worked well then again my property was 1060' above seas level too lol

Reactions: Galaxy 959
A good tower will barely notice the Sirio is on top of it. I'd use the whole thing. Or buy/scrounge a pole for the gp and put a "bean" on the tower. ;) You'll be amazed at what a 3 or 4 element Yagi can do. Or a quad... and that's a whole other conversation. :)

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.