• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Battery cable crimper

2NC995

DAN
Feb 23, 2008
Coastal NC
No idea where to put this, so here it is (unless moved).

I like tools. A lot. Especially nicely made American ones with a heavy coat of CHROME. I don’t mind spending money. Sometimes though I buy a cheap version for one time use, and to stash away for later. Harbor Freight to the rescue....

Worked with large electrical crimpers in my career, and also with hydraulic hose crimpers (which also work great for electrical). All were obnoxiously expensive. That being the case I never saw a hydraulic crimper as a suitable solution for home auto repairs, or battery work.

Then I found this guy...cheap on Amazon.

4AA30B9C-44E2-4AC8-B724-46C744AC520A.jpeg

Can’t lie...it’s great. Very worthy addition to the tool chest(s).

Just thought I’d share in case anyone is dabbling with some large cables. This works the trick, and won’t break the bank.

I like tools. A lot. Especially nicely made American ones with a heavy coat of CHROME. I don’t mind spending money. Sometimes though I buy a cheap version for one time use, and to stash away for later. Harbor Freight to the rescue....

Worked with large electrical crimpers in my career, and also with hydraulic hose crimpers (which also work great for electrical). All were obnoxiously expensive. That being the case I never saw a hydraulic crimper as a suitable solution for home auto repairs, or battery work.

View attachment 38307

Just thought I’d share in case anyone is dabbling with some large cables. This works the trick, and won’t break the bank.

That’s the one recommended by K0BG. Price & Utility.

Bought it last summer.

Enough fun one starts to look around at everything he might improve.
That list will grow.

As far as I’m concerned it will have paid for itself in but one job: the RF Bond job I have underway with the CTD Dodge outside my front door.

One recommendation: Assign a BucketBoss Gladstone-style tool bag large enough for it to fit. That yellow case is cheap, and the dies will fly everywhere every time it meets a rough landing while the crimper is out and working.

Your bed pillow is that rough landing.

View attachment 38307

My roomie picked his crimpers out of the trash at an aerospace company he worked for. Obnoxious is an understatement as the crimpers cost $2000.00+ and were thrown out only because they couldnt be "calibrated".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated