• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BBi explains antennas. (put on your high boots)

You need distance and matched radiators to reflect the signal. That's why I hook my RG8 up to railroad tracks by the house, It works like a tuning fork, then used a tuner to adjust for frequency. I get the best results East and West because that's the way the tracks run. "Secret Squirrel keying up on the Baltimore and Ohio. 5 watts swinging cross country. "

Last edited:
should i cut my antenna pole off just below the antenna mount and install a rotating hinge i can control with a rope running through my coax entrance point to go horizintal to vertical? make my ground plains into gp beams?

Reactions: NZ8N and Slowmover
when looking at a sine wave signal we understand that one cycle is equal to the distance from either one crest or trough to the next crest or trough. here's the question. if @ a frequency of 27 mhz this cycle repeats itself 27,000,000 times every second, what is the amount of time required for a single cycle?

if BBI can answer that question then i'll watch his antenna video / "tutorial."

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.