• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BBi explains antennas. (put on your high boots)

I figured a better way than his idea, I tied both ends of my coax together. That way it’s a loop, energy is constantly circulated. It doesn’t have to go back and forth, it can just make a loop and I’m pretty sure it can also grow in size.

You just hook one end to your radio and talk, quickly remove the coax and hook it back to itself. Let it simmer. Then connect one end quickly to the antenna, bam!! there’s your dinner.

Your communication is delayed a little but your signal grows due to overlap. I’m experimenting with hooking a 9v battery to the coax too, I think that will make more power also.

BBi ain’t got nothing on me.

Reactions: Rwb
Man! Anyone notice how the guy in the Vid slice shot - looks mad? He's holding something...like someone took his trombone but left the slide behind...

Haha funny 1 handy andy, the real porkchop mjf has antenna coax switches that might speed up signal travel by just twisting switches rather than unscrew n screw back together

Haha funny 1 handy andy, the real porkchop mjf has antenna coax switches that might speed up signal travel by just twisting switches rather than unscrew n screw back together

I had not thought of that, I will certainly look into it.

I have to say, converting standard coax to ladderline ain’t worth ....

I had not thought of that, I will certainly look into it.

I have to say, converting standard coax to ladderline ain’t worth ....
yes only way it works is use elmers glueall on the holes

Got a friend who thinks the antenna works like a water hose. I had to stop the conversation. I just could not argue with stupid. It all comes out the end......the wrong end. For years would not install any bonding to his truck to improve ground plane, finally got him to do it......I'll be damned. He first thought I was trying to get him to put Bondo all over his truck.
What kind of sprinkler head do you use? Impulse for skip or the fan spay?

Well I’ve missed the micro fans thing. Damn.

He does do nice looking work, I gotta admit that, the rest I can’t deny or defend. Same thing goes with Gatekeeper, some of his builds are really nice looking.

Tallman I’m sorry your head hurts. Don’t watch no more videos and call me in the morning. Haha.

The pic of the micro fans were almost lost forever due to a crash on another forum. Luckily a friend had them saved to his PC. This is a DM 8 pill that he reworked for someone.

I want to say the owner of the amp posted the pics 5 to 7 years ago. I'm sure he's learned a lot since then. :whistle: There used to be a Facebook group called little fans of bbi but he complained enough and Facebook put an end to it.

IMG_20111209_151550.jpg IMG_20111209_151624.jpg IMG_20111209_151638.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Please tell me that is a joke.

The owner didn't think it was funny. I believe that is his work because he was big about "upgrading" parts. The big 5 watt 100 ohm resistors on the feedback circuits and are not DM. They should be 2 watt 100 ohm. These resistors get smoking hot if an amp goes into oscillation. The upgrade is an attempt to hide a problem.

What he did with the splitters and combiners is not DM. Some idea he dreamed up that didn't work. More 5 watt resistor and some sandbar resistors there. Those hide an imbalance. DM has 2 watts on their splitters and combiners. When I work on an amp I put 1/2 watts in there for testing. If they get warm after you hammer on it for a few minutes you have an imbalance.

The cool looking chokes from the output transformers to B+ have his name all over them. It's an inductor. Looking cool doesn't make it work better.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.