• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bellscb.com

I am looking too, Bells came up and looks good. To be honest those prices are worth every dime after hearing some horror stories. My peace of mind is worth something too. I am waiting and searching more, when I finally read enuff reviews that have the same tone or response , I'll get off my procrastinating rear and do something. On my thread DTB and custom CB radios were also referred, custom looks good and I've seen a few vids. I kinda wish I wouldn't have picked a 29 LX already and just bought the turnkey the more I read...

So you're just looking for someone to mod your current radio?

If I get another CB/SSB, I'd probably got with DTB. The only reason my next radio won't be coming from them is because I'm getting an Optima. ;)

DTB radio is great honest good work. also DTB has seen some of work from Bells and was impressed with what he saw from Bells i know i am too. between Bells,Custom & DTB you won't go wrong

I talked to Doug over at CustomCBRadios this morning and he was a pretty cool guy, but hates when people call in asking dumbarse questions. I can understand his pain there!

Shoot him and email and tell him your plans. If you call, call early before all the "others" do....

I'm sure he gets quite a bit of money from those stupid people. Should learn to be more tolerant.

When you're a one man shop and have a couple hundred emails and phone calls every day, I would be a little less tolerent of people who don't take the time to do a little research on their own. Hell, I've had employees who were too lazy to learn or research and would ask non-sensible questions all day. The old mantra "There's no such thing as a stupid question" is a misnomer. There is, in fact, a whole lot of stupid questions asked every day. It's a trade off, do you want work done or see the man sit and answer questions all day long?

My guess is, he makes his money off those people who know what they're looking for and know how to research radio information before they order. I'm not defending any given individual, but, people are real quick to jump the "tolerance train" without knowing the background of the situation. We can't all be sweethearts all the time.

Actually, I would guess most shops, do in fact, derive most of their bread and butter from stupid people.

look at the insane nonsense most shops push to "stupid people"...Super pooper tunes, big fat receive kits. swing kits, roger farts, echo, pretty lights that change colors, whack-a-mole tunes.

For techs that can't handle stupid questions from prospective dumb asses willing to part with their families milk and bread money, maybe you should advertise that you only deal with smart, well informed buyers.

See how long you stay in business.

BTW, look at all the cornbread RadioHactive makes from all the short bus riders that throw money his way.

Last edited:
look at the insane nonsense most shops push to "stupid people"...Super pooper tunes, big fat receive kits. swing kits, roger farts, echo, pretty lights that change colors, whack-a-mole tunes.

Not very nice m42. My brother in-law tunes the whack-a-mole and all the other midway games at the amusement park.

When you're a one man shop and have a couple hundred emails and phone calls every day, I would be a little less tolerent of people who don't take the time to do a little research on their own. Hell, I've had employees who were too lazy to learn or research and would ask non-sensible questions all day. The old mantra "There's no such thing as a stupid question" is a misnomer. There is, in fact, a whole lot of stupid questions asked every day. It's a trade off, do you want work done or see the man sit and answer questions all day long?

My guess is, he makes his money off those people who know what they're looking for and know how to research radio information before they order. I'm not defending any given individual, but, people are real quick to jump the "tolerance train" without knowing the background of the situation. We can't all be sweethearts all the time.

Bingo.

Didnt mean to stir the pot..

By the way, I never said anyone was stoopid. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.