• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bellscb.com

I never have. They are out of Florida as I recall. I use their 'tech library' pages often to disseminate info when needed - some decent stuff. Their prices seem a bit high compared to the majority of other shops - IMO.

I never have. They are out of Florida as I recall. I use their 'tech library' pages often to disseminate info when needed - some decent stuff. Their prices seem a bit high compared to the majority of other shops - IMO.

i thought thier prices seemed high also.but was curious if anyonme
else heard of them.

I just recently looked into this aswell I believe they had a listing on Ebay or somewhere and I looked into them. Kind of pricey but if there a business that does good work and or stands behind there business deals or sales then sometimes the higher price is ok.

I have never used his services, I have calld and talked to the technician looking for info on an early version of the Cobra 200.

He was straight up with the advice.

He advertises as being trained in the Nucleur field as an electronic technician in the military. I know the training and it is rough and only the best make it through the school for nuke electronic tech.

With that said he did say he does not settle for factory specs on alignment, when he finishes a transciever he claims it is optimized for tx and recieve with out distortion . I do recieve his news letter and it has some good information.

The prices do look high compared to others,

I bought a desk mic from Screwdriver several years ago on his recommendation. Came to me quickly, and wired for my 2000. He did a nice job and it worked well. Not much, I know, but all I can give you.

I took my Galaxy DX-2547 to their shop for some repair work. He did a great job on it. Now I can vary my output from 2 watts to 38 watts. The radio couldn't tune to the center slot of a channel. That was why I took it up there. He also fixed that. No complaints at all on my part.

On a side note: he has a shelf going around one of the rooms that has a nice collection of older radios. A couple of Daks, Brownings, Trams etc. Interesting to look at and drool over!

Terry

I recently purchased a Cobra 29BC radio from Bells with a few enhacements and was very pleased with the outcome. Have rcvd nothing but great reports from the other end. Radio works as it should and the work was top notch. I would recommend Bells to anyone and the extra cost is well worth it.

BLACKLIST

I would not buy from bells. I ordered the new cobra 29 lx le from them and was supposed to do 25 plus watts with a one watt dead key. I got it and took to my tech and had him look it over. Needless to say the radio barely done 13 watts and the deadkey was 3 watts. Supposedly the tune was done by "world famous screwdriver". Screwdriver was right because my tech spent about 45 min fixing his crappy A** work. My radio now does 25 plus with a 1 and a half watt deadkey. GI Joes isa the way to go. They are located in Berea, Ky.

I would not buy from bells. I ordered the new cobra 29 lx le from them and was supposed to do 25 plus watts with a one watt dead key. I got it and took to my tech and had him look it over. Needless to say the radio barely done 13 watts and the deadkey was 3 watts. Supposedly the tune was done by "world famous screwdriver". Screwdriver was right because my tech spent about 45 min fixing his crappy A** work. My radio now does 25 plus with a 1 and a half watt deadkey. GI Joes isa the way to go. They are located in Berea, Ky.

So you bought the radio and had a certain "tech" work on it and then immediately ran it over to YOUR "tech" who promptly told you the other guy was a moron. Yeah I'd put a lot of faith in that.

Reactions: 3 people
what i meant

What I meant was and apologize for not clearing this up is I have been using the radio for about a month and didn't think I was getting the best performance out of the radio. I bought an swr/ power meter and the power meter was only showing between 8 to 10 watts with a 3 watt dead key. It was after that that I took it to GI Joes and had them look it over. Again I apologize for not clearly stating what lead me to take it too my tech.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.