• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bellscb.com

I've bought radios from Bell's and have always been pleased with the performance and the price.

With a stock CB radio's potential, you can't always tell how well the radio works just going by what you see on your inline RF meter. Depending on the antenna load and frequency, and the spot in the feed line that you place the meter, it may show you a variety of results. It's what the radio does at the other end of communications that counts and then you have to consider all the bias in opinions you might get. Unless you go out in distance and check the radio with your own ears, it's hard to really tell what good an increase in watts does for you. Sometimes I can double my output and the other end sees little to no change in the signal.

A lot of guys spend good money just to see their CB radio do more watts, and IMO spending $200 dollars more just to see more watts might be a waste of good money.

As a truck driver i have seen a lot of CB shops in truck stops. One of the best tech's i have met was the late Bill Good out in So. Cal. back in the early '90's. Anyone can turn a screwdriver and there are some qualified techs who can do a good screw-up job on your radio. I have 2 techs. First one is J/4 CB Shop I-44 M.M 61 in Missouri and i have been using him for 18 yrs. now, And the other is Sparky over in Ill. But everybody has an opinion good or bad on every CB Shop. I have never delt with Bell's CB Shop or even GI Joe's over in KY. Maybe someday i might do some business. But i am very setisfied with the tech right here in the Sho-Me-State.

Well like everyone else I heard good things about Bells via internet and ebay so I decided to buy from him. The reason I didn't buy from my tech is because I wanted the Cobra 29 lx le and his were on backorder for like a month or so. Plus he is a 3 hour drive away and with him being that close I would have saved alot of money in shipping had he had one. Anyways I still like the radio just not the work that was done to it. With the cost of the radio and the work i had done was over 200 not the cost of just the work.

Well like everyone else I heard good things about Bells via internet and ebay so I decided to buy from him. The reason I didn't buy from my tech is because I wanted the Cobra 29 lx le and his were on backorder for like a month or so. Plus he is a 3 hour drive away and with him being that close I would have saved alot of money in shipping had he had one. Anyways I still like the radio just not the work that was done to it. With the cost of the radio and the work i had done was over 200 not the cost of just the work.

Did you contact Bells to give them a chance to "make it right?"

IMO you could have gotten a "Super Wack Packed" radio from RA.... from what I hear is not good about RA!:thumbdown:

There are three guy's that have radios(galaxy 33hp2) from Bell's that I run with, and they all sound really good on my end. There is a video on youtube for each radio that shows what the radio does after tune up. They(Bell's) usually put a tune up report for all the radios they sell on youtube. Just wondering if the guy who had the problem with his radio has a video on youtube showing what the radio does or did?

Currently there are only two techs that I would recommend.
DBT or Bells. They both do fine work and have the proper tools/scopes to do want is necessary...

I don't know anything about Bells. I will say that any of the below places do fine work and can be trusted.

Bob's CB
Custom CB Radio
DTB Radio

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna bump and old thread..

Anyone have good or bad experiences with BellsCB? Looking at a radio they sell.

I am looking too, Bells came up and looks good. To be honest those prices are worth every dime after hearing some horror stories. My peace of mind is worth something too. I am waiting and searching more, when I finally read enuff reviews that have the same tone or response , I'll get off my procrastinating rear and do something. On my thread DTB and custom CB radios were also referred, custom looks good and I've seen a few vids. I kinda wish I wouldn't have picked a 29 LX already and just bought the turnkey the more I read...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.