• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Benin now on the air......

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Benin located on the African continent, is now active on 11 meters
183RC/0 - ending Feb. 21st. Should be an easy one for most in N. America.
I made the contact yesterday morning.

27.580 usb - split .620 usb

Attachments

• africa-map.png
    africa-map.png
    254.3 KB · Views: 24

Hmmmm... Not a peep this morning. No 183 division and didn't hear anyone calling on the split. Are you sure this activation is, uh, activated already ?

I had Europe and South Africa in here strong this morning, so Benin should have been easily heard.

Hmmmm... Not a peep this morning. No 183 division and didn't hear anyone calling on the split. Are you sure this activation is, uh, activated already ?

I had Europe and South Africa in here strong this morning, so Benin should have been easily heard.
My be this will convince you BC Coyote..
1707476533856.jpeg

Still no sign of this station here. I did hear 118 division Gambia working split on 650/670, and 187 division Kenya today; both at very low signal levels and with some of the biggest pileups I've ever encountered on 11 meters. I didn't stand a chance LOL!

One thing I've noticed though is that when the really exotic DX appears on 11 meters, there's a lot of thinly disguised ham radio operators who also appear in the pileups. The big signals and unmistakable ham-radio-operator-in-a-pileup manners gives them away ! That, and the fact most casual 11 meter ops have no clue what split operation is, yet nearly everyone in the DX pileup for the Gambia station was on the correct split (along with the usual few who weren't........).

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
One thing I've noticed though is that when the really exotic DX appears on 11 meters, there's a lot of thinly disguised ham radio operators who also appear in the pileups. The big signals and unmistakable ham-radio-operator-in-a-pileup manners gives them away !
You will find the more you work the guys in Europe on 11 meters, that probably 60% or more are ham operators.

Congrds on working Fred in Thailand this evening!

Thanks 178 ! Appreciate it... That Thailand contact wasn't easy ! It was right when conditions really start to drop out here.......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.