• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best antenna for this car!!

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
2006 Ford Taurus small trunk so dont know if i will have a good ground plane.

any Suggestions will be appreciated..
Bobby

I just put a little wil mag mount on the roof of the wife's car to replace a junk antenna and it works great! Tuned to 1.3 SWR on both ch 1 and 40-won't handle much power but a good little antenna.You could get the 1000 or 5000 if you want to run an amp.

Bobby,
There really won't be enough difference between the roof and the trunk to make much difference, so whichever will work best for you.
Which antenna? Whichever one matches the 'decor' of the car the best. :) 'Nuther one of those not making ~that~ much difference thingys. Stick with a sort of name-brand, then whichever one 'grabs' you the hardest. I favor drilling a hole rather than a mag-mount. If you don't plan to run any 'power', and you don't mind taking the chance of loosing it, get the mag-mount. I've found that not moving a mag-mount means a 'nastier' spot on the paint than a hole leaves (just fill and paint the dang thing, no biggy).
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Well i tried my antennex 27mgz antenna and it will not work !!!

I hope a wilson 1000 mag or trunk mount will what yall think??

thanks
Bobby

If you put it on the trunk it will make you directional. Meaning you will talk best if the front of your car is pointing at that person. If you put it dead center of the roof using the top of your car as a ground plane you will talk in pretty much all directions. A 1000 mag mount will work just fine.

SportyGreg if you have problems with SWRs after awhile with the Lil Wil try a K-30. The Wilson 1000/5000 are great antennas. Better than the K-40. The Lil Wil is so so at best. K-30 is a better antenna than the Lil Wil imho. Peace

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.