• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

BEST COAX

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
OK.GUYS.Need some help here.What is the BEST COAX :unsure:out there. Need about 100 feet:unsure:73s coathanger N.E. P.A. TONY IF YOUR OUT THERE I NEED YOUR HELP:mad:

Best for what? CB radio?

LMR-400 is about as good as it gets for 27 MHz. Anything more like LMR-600 or Heliax cable, while being better still, is overkill and the difference in performance can only be measured using lab quality test equipment but the difference it will make in your wallet will be MUCH more noticeable. It it were for VHF or above then it would be Heliax all the way.

coax

Thanks CAP.It is for a cb radio.Something went wrong with my coax.Now iam on the dipo:confused:Tryed my metter on my 2000 could not get a good reading.The dipo gave me a flat 1 to 1. I think it might be the end that goes to the radio.The coax is RG8X 95% .Its not a year old i got it when my 2000.73s.:sad:

Best for what? CB radio?

LMR-400 is about as good as it gets for 27 MHz. Anything more like LMR-600 or Heliax cable, while being better still, is overkill and the difference in performance can only be measured using lab quality test equipment but the difference it will make in your wallet will be MUCH more noticeable. It it were for VHF or above then it would be Heliax all the way.

Here's a funny story. Long before I became a licensed ham, I accompanied my licensed friend to a local Radio Shack to pick up some coax. After he made his purchase, the salesperson tried to sell me some coax. I politely replied that I was using 9913 (The rage back in the mid 80's.) for my 11-meter set-up.

Well an old curmudgeon (A customer, mind you.) overhead this and proceeded to read me the riot act because Radio Shack RF-58A/U "Type" coax was more than sufficient for CB. I can still see his red jowls glowing as I explained that since I ran at 12W, every Db, or fraction thereof, recouped can be considered gain.

I encourage anybody to always use the very best feedline they can acquire, no matter what the radio service. The LMR group Sounds like a good bet.

73, Bert

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Well..

I too subscribe to using about the best out there..
Regardless of the radio aplication..

To that end...
I use Andrews heliex LDF5-50a for HF (including 11 meters )
I use Andrews heliex LDF7-50a for VHF and higher..

However..if you are looking to keep the money down...
Get nothing less then RG-213 (LMR 400 is a bit better though )

Just remember:

"cheap coax is not good"
"good coax is not cheap"

Well put.
Easy to remember too . . .

AS far as Radio Shack coax goes, I won't use on any more radios that's for sure.
I wouldn't tow a car with it either.
Oh....wait a tick....I've done that with it......It didn't work very well for that either....lol

OK.GUYS.Need some help here.What is the BEST COAX :unsure:out there. Need about 100 feet:unsure:73s coathanger N.E. P.A. TONY IF YOUR OUT THERE I NEED YOUR HELP:mad:

this is the best.
images

p.s you get what you pay for so be-careful.

NEW COAX

Got sick and tired of this coax i had so i just went and got the LMR-400.Reel good coax and not a bad price for 100 feet. (y)The best that i ever had:cool::cool::whistle: 73s.GUYS AND THANKS FOR THE INFO:)

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.