1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Best groundplane ???

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by kbbgood, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Ferrarimx5

Ferrarimx5 Reading the mail

Marconi.. I do have the new HyGain Version and will find the time this week-end to do some measurements and report back.

2. Needle Bender

Needle Bender ...he thinks it's funny that I stepped in it

Ah yes, the internet. I remember now! ;)

Finally back up online and ready to play -

Eddie I went through those pics I took and they were so out of order when I finished forwarding them from my phone to gmail that I couldn't make sense of them...
    Do overs needed.

...but I could measure anything specific right now if you need it. - Ground shunt, perhaps?

3. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

I think he said he needed the matching device lengths and placement. And what diameter metal used. Possibly more, but I think part of it was that NB.

Needle Bender likes this.
  4. Marconi

Marconi Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.

Hey Ferrarimx5, you didn't say when you would report back, but could I remind you? Pretty please.

Needle Bender, right after Christmas you too promised to get me the info from the matching setup you have in your truck and tell me what version your antenna is.

I'm still waiting if either of you can help me.

5. Needle Bender

Needle Bender ...he thinks it's funny that I stepped in it

Been crazy busy between settling into the new house, fixing undisclosed broken odds & ends and fighting some super virus that has 80% of Californians in bed, I will get you those measurements, and it is from an original 23 ch 22' 9.5" version from the mid-70s.
    It might even be from my original from 1975, after moving several times I recall the "hairpin" looking a little haggard so I do remember ordering a new one sometime in the later 70s.This is most likely my original 1975 23ch edition

6. Ferrarimx5

Ferrarimx5 Reading the mail

It rained for a whole lotta time.
    Leave for work when it is dark and come home after dark, this tends to limit my week-days. My Girlfriend keeps me busy on my days off. Might be able to mail you the (brand new) 72 inch bottom section for experimentation and scrap.

7. Marconi

Marconi Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.

OK, I'll send you a PM using the conversation feature and we can talk.

Thanks for the very generous offer.

8. ChrisBama351

ChrisBama351 Member

What ended up being the best length radials to use with a Imax 2k?
    How many? and at what angle?

Is the Penetrator both horizontal and vertical?

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.