1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Mast Pipe

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Brain the Dog, Aug 1, 2017.

1. FL Native

FL Native Registered User

pics or it didn't happen... lol

Tallman likes this.

2. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

Eldorado828 and S&W357 like this.
  3. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

Look it up on QRZ.com under my Amateur Radio call sign W4KVW and you will see it is REAL. Anyone who knows me knows I have no need of lying to anyone since I will answer for them in the end and I have no desire for that for anyone or anything.

SIX-SHOOTER

4. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

I bet it is far less expensive than Chrome Molly pipe which is recommended by many tower and antenna companies.

SIX-SHOOTER

5. FL Native

FL Native Registered User

uhhhhhhhh its a joke and I just wanted to see some pics... :) LOL

6. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Chromolly masts are great if you have a MONSTER system however for the VAST majority of users it is highly over rated. It's like using a D-9 dozer to landscape the front lawn. Most of those types will scream not to use any type of water pipe either as it is meant for internal pressure not bending moments. I used two inch black iron water pipe with a Wilson Shooting Star on a 22 foot length which was in turn mounted on another 22 foot length of four inch well casing and it was fully exposed to MANY noreasters and a couple hurricanes. No problems.

7. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

I believe I talked to you on QRZ.com and asked you about the drone used for the picture below.

[​IMG]

SIX-SHOOTER and Redbeard U812 like this.
  8. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

You can see it there.

SIX-SHOOTER

9. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

I believe you are correct.A friend took the picture from his drone. I no longer have that big Live Oak since three weeks ago. I am considering putting a 2nd tower up where those vertical antennas are behind my shed.

SIX-SHOOTER

10. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Sr. Member

Tallman drug it over for all of us to see, thanks Tall. And Six, that's a damned so nice looking tower set up, shack an awl(y)

Tallman and SIX-SHOOTER like this.
  11. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Sr. Member

Thanks I know I am blessed.On the CB Desk is a TRAM D201A, DAK MKX,& a BROWNING GOLDEN EAGLE MKIVA. I own over 100 CB Radios in my collection and currently 38 Astatic D-104 desk microphones and about 75 or more hand microphones of a large variety. I love radio and have since 1965 when my dad got me hooked just before I turned 5 years old.

SIX-SHOOTER

Tallman likes this.
  12. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Sr. Member

have seen that collection of 104's you posted, and awl those radios, quite a collection.

SIX-SHOOTER likes this.
  13. Tallman

Tallman W9WDX Amateur Radio Member, KW4YJ EXTRA class

Be careful when you fertilize your antenna farm. Some antenna mast spread by rhizomes and cannot be contained. You could end in the middle of an antenna forest.

SIX-SHOOTER and Redbeard U812 like this.
  14. 338_MtRushmore

338_MtRushmore Sr. Member

Every dang time your posts pop up it is full of bs. Feel nauseous? You won't feel zinc poisoning until hours later, and you will have the worst flu symptoms imaginable. Literally feel like you might die, and people have. 5p has had that warning on the box for years, and there have been ZERO deaths directly attributed to inhalation of the smoke, although I'm sure it causes cancer in California.

SIX-SHOOTER likes this.
  15. Redbeard U812

Redbeard U812 Sr. Member

And how many times have you been poisoned?