• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Mobile CB antenna

I believe the correct term is VSWR isn’t it?

Fun fact, most SWR meters don't actually measure VSWR, but in fact measure ISWR, or to put it another way, they don't measure voltage but current. For a given signal, VSWR and ISWR will give the same results, so in the end it doesn't really matter which one you use. These have been shortened to just SWR.

VSWR was discovered first, and was far easier to measure with the methods used in the earlier days of radio, so many older texts refer to it specifically, which is why many people insist that VSWR is the one and only correct way to say SWR. Strangely, when VSWR was first discovered, it was observed that it didn't really matter what the VSWR reading was, and so it was largely ignored. Even what we would call very high ratios today made little to no difference when it came to how well a transmitted signal was received. SWR didn't become widely used until the use of a much more lossy feed line called coax became widespread...

The DB

There's "Goldenrod"...then there's Davemade's "Rod of God"...

truckback.jpg
rodofgod2.jpg

Reactions: skip searcher
I usually use vswr as the correct term but I hear swr’s Like it’s something physical that can be adjusted. I don’t say much usually though cause I know what they mean.

I’m a grammar nazi. I try not to show that too cause people don’t seem to like us nazis that good. But now you know and knowing is half the battle.

I like the rod of god. But there’s no way I’d put that thing on my truck.

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
That golden rod thingie, not so much. I might buy myself an ole rod of god just to see how big it really is. But on top of a dump truck, it’ll never survive.

I knew I was still somewhat damp behind the ears but jeez, y’all naming stuff I’ve never heard of. Time to step up my GoogleFu...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.