• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best Moblie Antenna for OTR Truck

Explain who is who in the video please ?
Which one is you ?
I just realized I was mistaken about which video we were talking about.
Jason made a recording in his truck with his phone sitting next to his external speaker recording all the background noise in his truck so Jason is who you here in person and my voice is what you hear coming through his speaker ..

They both sound fine. I would like to hear some Hf rigs on AM
in the trucks. Like a kenwood 480 .
The ts-50 i have had excellent transmit audio , its the frontend overload from
the nasty signals on 19 recieve is what is lacking.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
The audio with the stock cobra mic is the best sounding and easy on the ears.

Your audio is ok. Jason's has too high of a cut. Too rough on my ears to tolerate for a long period.
Also the recieve radio makes a huge difference. You can tell it in the icom used above in the video.
If the recieve audio had been on a standard cb , as we all know the frontend on the cb's is wideopen
as a Barn door.....
Not so for the commercial radios.

Last edited:
The magic matcher was making the preamp in his pos amplifier work properly. Keeps getting deeper.

What steps were taken to ensure common mode current didn't skew your test results? When you say matcher youre still talking about the 2:1 balun right?

I have a 2.5.1 matcher and air wound choke as you can see in the picture.
It has to be an impedance issue.

When i take the matcher off and put the coax with the choke only back into the feedpoint of antenna and retune the antenna for lowest swr is when the pos preamp does not work why ?

I have a 2.5.1 matcher and air wound choke as you can see in the picture.
It has to be an impedance issue.

When i take the matcher off and put the coax with the choke only back into the feedpoint of antenna and retune the antenna for lowest swr is when the pos preamp does not work why ?
Don't know. The preamp should amplify incoming signals and/or static no matter what you are using for an antenna. I've never had an issue like that.

Reactions: HARDROCK
Efficiency
It is naturally important to ensure that the proportion of the power dissipated in the loss resistance is as low as possible, leaving the highest proportion to be dissipated in the radiation resistance as a radiated signal. The proportion of the power dissipated in the radiation resistance divided by the power applied to the antenna is the efficiency.

A variety of means can be employed to ensure that the efficiency remains as high as possible. These include the use of optimum materials for the conductors to ensure low values of resistance, large circumference conductors to ensure large surface area to overcome the skin effect, and not using designs where very high currents and low feed impedance values are present. Other constraints may require that not all these requirements can be met, but by using engineering judgement it is normally possible to obtain a suitable compromise.

It can be seen that the antenna feed impedance is particularly important when considering any RF antenna design. However by maximising the energy transfer by matching the feeder to the antenna feed impedance the antenna design can be optimised and the best performance obtained.

By Ian Poole

I am having my awm-30 true peak reading meter Calibrated
by W8JI Tom. He is still the best in the Consultant Engineering
Business.. Too bad we ran him off. He dont have time for
forums or Arguing. He is the best Rf amplifier designer in the
Country,

Tony 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated