• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best SSB Radio under $300?

Riverman

Nov 12, 2013
I currently don’t have a SSB radio. Thinking about getting one.
As I mentioned in another thread, the last Bearcat 980 I had came with a bad display. Am kind of reluctant to get another one.
What is the best alternative?

Reactions: Brother DXer

Yes Sir, I have to say, Eldorado828 is right, as for my experience with these radios. I'll also say, if you're willing to spend more $$ (which is over your 300 limit) the Stryker 955 is an awesome radio with a bit more punch. SSB and AM.
Regardless of which one of these you look at, you're getting quality.

EDIT: The Ares2 is also another great option. I'm very happy with this radio. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pez and Riverman
If you get the version from Radiodity, it has an 18 month warranty.

Is that the same radio as the AT5555N2?

Is that the same radio as the AT5555N2?
Yes. Radioddity paid a fee. The way I understand it, if you buy a certain amount of radios, let's say 500 for example, you get your brand name on them. I'm sure there are others here who know much more than I do regarding the specifics.
I'm just going by some online research. And as we all know, if it's online, it has to be true. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.