• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Better than average SSB radio

If it was me, I wouldn't be spending $ "improving" a Galaxy radio though, and I'm not sure it will go down to 26.805 anyways (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) and that's where most FM activity is; Just buy an Anytone if you want to do FM ! You get way more frequencies with way more power in a much smaller box.
According to my neighbor who use to be into CB radio they were adding FM to radios back in the day if you knew the tricks. And my reason for Modding my 2547 is to Not add more radios to my already to big of collection. My collection might be minor compared to some but is too big to suit me and I don't want to chance buying another troublesome radio to the collection. PS. I have heard complaints about Troy Radio and it involves using FedEx or UPS. ( Red Flag ) ( Gorilla Baggage Handler )

IMO... After running this radio for over a year, I have to say this is the radio you need. It talks great on FM, AM and SSB.
One radio that will do everything you're asking for. You don't have to take old radios and try to build Frankenstein's monster to achieve (hopefully achieve) what you want.
Buy it and use it. It will do the job with no hassle. And you just can't beat the price and warranty. I HIGHLY recommend you let the tech check it over to be sure you're getting what you pay for. All companies will occasionally have a lemon and this will avoid that and YOU my friend will be happy.

Edit: If I had to choose one radio and only one and be happy with all it does, it would be a toss up between this and the Stryker 955. I'm going to say if price played a big roll, the AT5555 N2 would be the winner.

Last edited:
IMO... After running this radio for over a year, I have to say this is the radio you need. It talks great on FM, AM and SSB.
One radio that will do everything you're asking for. You don't have to take old radios and try to build Frankenstein's monster to achieve (hopefully achieve) what you want.
Buy it and use it. It will do the job with no hassle. And you just can't beat the price and warranty. I HIGHLY recommend you let the tech check it over to be sure you're getting what you pay for. All companies will occasionally have a lemon and this will avoid that and YOU my friend will be happy.

Edit: If I had to choose one radio and only one and be happy with all it does, it would be a toss up between this and the Stryker 955. I'm going to say if price played a big roll, the AT5555 N2 would be the winner.
Yep I have to completely agree with Rodney. You really can't go wrong with the q5n2 or any of its variants. I've not been in radio as long as some of the others in here but I've been in long enough to have used many to compare with. Qixiang hit a home run with this chassis, it's got anything you want plus more and the performance puts most "cb export" radios to shame.
Keep in mind I'm comparing apples to apples when I say cb export because I can already see somebody coming in to say "well my ic-7300......."

I've got more radios than I need taking their turn to bat on my station and the 7900v (q5n2) always returns to steal the show.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

If I wanted to add extra channels to anything, I would have Troy Radio Service put in their DDS VFO. No drift, rock solid on frequency. It even does FM. Well worth the money. I am not affiliated, just think it's an awesome product.

Is he the only one to have access to that VFO? Some of us don't want to use a mobile as a base. I guess we are Fussy ! LOL

I think the radio garage or maybe Scott's does them too.
I'm thinking of talking to Rolling Radios in Richmond VA. to see what he can do with the 2547 because my daughter & son-in-law can drop it off there when they go to their NC, home and either them or I can pick it up when it's finished. Banged up and crushed shipping boxes Pizzes me off when dealing with my electronics especially when it is dropped off at your door step when your not at home. Even if the product looks OK you know it took a shock load and I don't pay big bucks for that crap !

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.