• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Better than average SSB radio

Some folks do add extra channels to there radio. Illegal don't mean anything in the radio world.....
Yeah I got my Cobra 2000 from ebay and thought it was off frequency until a friend in another forum told me it might have extra channels and low and behold after exploring it i figured out how to navigate the switches to bring out AM,SSB, or Extra channels. It is one mighty fine radio, but it would have been nice if it came with instructions. Best receive of all my radios, but the age of it scares me wondering when it will need re-capping. Think I'll have Extra channels added to my DX 2547 just in case, and FM if I can find someone to do it.

Yeah I got my Cobra 2000 from ebay and thought it was off frequency until a friend in another forum told me it might have extra channels and low and behold after exploring it i figured out how to navigate the switches to bring out AM,SSB, or Extra channels. It is one mighty fine radio, but it would have been nice if it came with instructions. Best receive of all my radios, but the age of it scares me wondering when it will need re-capping. Think I'll have Extra channels added to my DX 2547 just in case, and FM if I can find someone to do it.
I believe you can rule out adding FM.I believe the Cobra 2000 is pretty much a Cobra 148 GTL in a Big box?

Reactions: whiteastro
Troy Radio Service can do it.

You can also order an FM module from Mr Maurer:

Think I'll have Extra channels added to my DX 2547 just in case, and FM if I can find someone to do it.
You can almost certainly add FM to that 2547 if you really wanted to, using a module as mentioned in the posts above this.
If it was me, I wouldn't be spending $ "improving" a Galaxy radio though, and I'm not sure it will go down to 26.805 anyways (someone correct me if I'm wrong please) and that's where most FM activity is; Just buy an Anytone if you want to do FM ! You get way more frequencies with way more power in a much smaller box.
I believe the Cobra 2000 is pretty much a Cobra 148 GTL in a Big box?
Yes, the 2000 is basically a 148GTL in a big box with a 120v power supply and a freq counter added.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.