• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

big block chevy's

Now just for my edification, doesn't the small block engine have the distributor in front near the water pump? The big block has it's distributor at the rear of the engine close to the fire wall?

All of my GM hot rods have always had the distributor at the rear of the engine block, with the exception of my 1995 Z-28. It was mounted under the water pump in the front of the engine. And it was done through the timing gear cover and had a billet plug where it normally went. I had a 1960 elCamino with a 283 cuin distributor at the rear.
Pontiac Firebird with a 400 cuin at the rear. My favorite land yacht 1974 Pontiac Bonneville with a 455 cuin at the rear.
"There is no replacement for displacement!"
always wanted a 68 cutlass s w/ a 454 and 4 sp. brown with cream inside

Reactions: 357magnum
Built a few in my day's , all in 69' SS Chevelle's , My first L-88 street car , then 2 Bracket cars , fastest I went in my last a 501ci was 10.90 et , Not Good ! I dialed an 11.15 @ The Bracket Finals in Maple Grove Pa , Broke out & went on the trailer ! Always new the car would run in the 10's but not that day !:LOL: This one had Lexan windows , Glass nose , doors , bumpers & trunk lid . But still one heavy Chevy !:whistle: Thought I had pic's on here some place . Need to find them & repost .
I always liked bracket racing. good strategy works really well. Make them chase you down the strip and they break out.

I always liked bracket racing. good strategy works really well. Make them chase you down the strip and they break out.
we used to go to wichtafalls,tx on sundays and race, there was a old man drove a buick, skylark that was dialed in on the money, come to find out he had a bolt under the foot feet so he ran the same times back to back

we used to go to wichtafalls,tx on sundays and race, there was a old man drove a buick, skylark that was dialed in on the money, come to find out he had a bolt under the foot feet so he ran the same times back to back
Another thing you could do is put a little slack in the throttle to the point where the carb was not wide open. I raced at Little River near Round Rock and San Antonio Drag Race Way. And on occasion abandoned airstrips. I never raced in a competition I just went for test and tune.

Another thing you could do is put a little slack in the throttle to the point where the carb was not wide open. I raced at Little River near Round Rock and San Antonio Drag Race Way. And on occasion abandoned airstrips. I never raced in a competition I just went for test and tune.
had a couple of race cars, 65 duce, straight axle 302 w/ 4 sp the last was rear engine dragster 454 on alcohol 2 sp powerglide

I was the guy everybody would bring their difficult items to tune up or rebuild.
I had one guy bring me his car every Thursday before his races on Friday and had me tune up.(Hillborn Fuel Injection) I was so glad when he sold that car! I owed him a favor and paid for many times over. The guy who bought it tried to get me to tune it for him. I flat refused even though the money would have been good, I felt like I got beat with a baseball bat by the time I got finished tuning. The dude in the video makes it sound easy, but it is not. Anything you do to one affects the seven others.

Last edited:
I was the guy everybody would bring their difficult items to tune up or rebuild.
I had one guy bring me his car every Thursday before his races on Friday and had me tune up.(Hillborn Fuel Injection) I was so glad when he sold that car! I owed him a favor and paid for many times over. The guy who bought it tried to get me to tune it for him. I flat refused even though the money would have been good, I felt like I got beat with a baseball bat buy the time I got finished tuning.

dam, that looks like the same setup that i ran, we was in the acid business in the oilfield and the company would buy it for me in by the 55 gal drum, tried to find pic. of it

If it wasn't for side bets , not much $ in it !:whistle: One pocket might have points in it , ( which don't pay the bills ) but the other pocket is lean on Coin !:LOL: Believe me I know !

NMhdXGscHgy5CuMr-Wm6SxqgyGDxgLGLvX7t6ohi32_HVdG-jZZ836cqIeiyluact-NY8hZZ1TeIjt9Gc0Tz9th-MjJPyHFXAD9YUFjSmo9OY9iBEWrR5ZXu1WlMw-CA6WoFI7GgRt-ip3SS_XszngXIY71s32OnLAMLq6_jVN_hhA52KGdlRI0Y1CsOCRYCBFXdEpw990D_PjTzsjWDyXUFbjkJhELtmhHdT04yWt2Jxi4coKYnrzrSqAAlktGmQVoo6M2ER09Mc8SmPT7tXpPmS9D-mabKcua4QWYFgcjvT3Cn7ki08dwFIuzmz8TPLe-X4X-4IfudYtcrkKpTgEJu2oK1ukhdkSGJPI1bBRRr8ydFO9PhtTu_1I98i0OTY0PH4m6shxR2WBKHx6Q1gsBbjnAygE_5vlAjtyaQ5NGaFfLylDF_yQZ0NUe91lfxKZsFGR-8x1-DWlnDHpLqS7Pb1grBExlCMGzoMC-6OjbYqlpLhMgnIM5_Ts5zrNRPqdMnwU8VevkoDVDq_zktjY5H_QE3OtAfxQC8wEdN7z4lWqeoyCbUv46QoaVbLjYFZEBlkQsr--0_MRckwFVmcyLzptHs7y1kGC3AKHD7sSSW90M1CZGKnyccja47-8OKLNsisihUXZet37ElsJjqV5hjpR5HQVF6WTpG0lIyLk22ytjncuapOA=w457-h609-no

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated