• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

big block chevy's

Not a dry push rod tube on it !
This is very strange, that engine was based on an actual aircraft engine. Working on air craft you do still get dirty, but not greasy. I rebuilt the engine I used and there was no oil leakage. I used a trick I learned while building a British bike. Where ever you have gaskets assemble with 3M weather strip adhesive. It holds the gaskets in place while you are torquing the piece down. None of my rebuilds ever leaked oil.

Reactions: 357magnum
This is very strange, that engine was based on an actual aircraft engine. Working on air craft you do still get dirty, but not greasy. I rebuilt the engine I used and there was no oil leakage. I used a trick I learned while building a British bike. Where ever you have gaskets assemble with 3M weather strip adhesive. It holds the gaskets in place while you are torquing the piece down. None of my rebuilds ever leaked oil.
i don't know who took credit for that engine

great idea

The only main difference between Corvair and aircraft engines was the stroke and the Corvair had a flat oil pan on the bottom.
Continental and Lycoming had strokes that were fairly long and limited the maximum rpm the engine could turn. The high compression generated is why they have such crazy high Octane fuels. Older radial air craft engines had low compression and could easily run off of regular gas. 8:1 ratios were common.

_3oW0E-Z0B2GxBUP7yDcRqmbxDFjAeAInBHlw00-GCvDjomQYJoob84qkspQH-0kttQvuzeHEQOhee7fXZhOPYivDPgVlPRRlnwSnOkdfEbyVKneCtqegOaKBI7KCrTGU1MTOVBf48QlIzGaRe7sqjFiO31GNSmxPeKjFOG6IM0Uge5aMez4QnuZ19Lz4NOvazLHW1KLItG0n4a7X1VgTFQA3bnavDBuDorLBJ_HaQ38yZ3JC5lVgXUtSibFLBzVHBnICsF7swHAQ2jxWJBDCHLD2lNZznjLlGzCY_k69Aavy79sI7wpLgRUi2_ak_KmsnLh8cQTQkP0NAU7G1q5g6dlXsW55gUuTO2s-PPONgiA9_2LSdwbMCjAhHp2Q0NjhbaSy2czbUTDXzrYiw6XkmdQ1o1FbfS5twLqgXDYyXzEPVe-HzJ2t1o0US7JN-DC7sQpCWczp7MZBNz4a7_EYu-tuIngzO7XN89qUG79y11Foe4NJxNUwvUICclTyIn7PjGosZ9bS_5fh84XTX_47A4dJfX8-xf64XCI7E2heVqSv852qlcIKS4vauI4ly6g6oarvKCu0PH2SLMXIbABWNp0w0ePQpnLC_DekRN60WJIakSUC6CieNxv3T9dSeve3ciMmOpiuscMgK-G_OrkKF98rWvLLGpG9HlQ3PYM8hitJw6jkjix6w=w812-h609-no

This brings back memories of tearing the sheet metal and red lead seams in the quarter panels of the old Camaro because the unibody couldn't handle the torque of the big block with 513 gears. Needless to say I should have addressed that problem and never sold the 67 RS/SS.

Last edited:
This brings back memories of tearing the sheet metal and red lead seams in the quarter panels of the old Camaro because the unibody couldn't handle the torque of the big block with 513 gears. Needless to say I should have addressed that problem and never sold the 67 RS/SS.
yea i wish i still had mine,i'm looking for another one

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated