1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

"Blast" from the past...

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by DTB Radio, Dec 3, 2020.

1. DTB Radio

DTB Radio Well-Known Member

RadioActive Radios...

That was a shop name that generated huge controversy and arguments a decade and more ago. I used to get many of their radios through the shop with requests to fix the assorted modification issues. When they shut down years ago, their radios showed up less and less frequently to the point where I haven't seen one with their stickers on a a few years. Until today. A customer sent in a Connex 4600 with intact Radioactive stickers over the screws. Hooked it up and sure enough, there were the lousy wave-forms and audio quality they used to be famous for. Brought back memories of the long threads we used to bash around on here a decade and a half ago.

Anyone else remember the old Radioactive days and the heated discussions we all used to get into about them?

2. FredTx63

FredTx63 Well-Known Member

I remember when they were a sponsor of another CB radio forum and you'd get the boot if you said anything other than glowing things about them. Everyone there used to talk about their RA whacky-packed General Lee being the bee's knees. That was back when Sparky's CB was still around too.

binrat, Eldorado828 and Slowmover like this.
  3. DTB Radio

DTB Radio Well-Known Member

Yes, CB Radio Talk I think is what it was/is called. Didn't Bozo used to be (maybe still is) a permanent fixture over there? He's got at least 4 different domains pointing to his own page now-a-days, probably more.

This 4600 is definitely a typical Radioactive radio...

Attached Files:

4. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

Remember the old turbotune from EEI, express electronics? I think they were in Texas.

Eldorado828 and Slowmover like this.
  5. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Yep I fell for it cause I'm in Texas..

Eldorado828 and Slowmover like this.
  6. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Hell, I just bought an AM/FM truck antenna which attracts signals like a magnet!!

You and I must have been born a minute apart. They say the type is born just that often.

7. tecnicoloco

tecnicoloco Tweaknician in Training

Radioactive shop was in Arizona on I-10 by Casa Grande or Eloy,if I´m not mistaken (n)

8. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

Genius location:

— Coming out of SoCal, a new radio would feel like a return to reality.

— Westbound (en route to same) they’ve been bored past tears for over 900-miles. A new radio would feel like relief from reality.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.
  9. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Ah, the days of the "Super Whack Pack".

Adopted the habit of calling them "Radio Whacktive Radios".

10. Slowmover

Slowmover Elmer

“New Mexico Magic Dust-ed”, ain’t quite as catchy.

But a Galaxy 99v2 will run ya $600.

undertaker likes this.