• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

Back in the day Bob an Lou Franklin were the guys in the news with speech compression, before the inner web.
I think one of them sold the idea to Magnum and didn't Bob retire?

I live in south western PA. I can say that I had multiple radios tuned, or repaired by Bob over the past ten years I have been collecting CB radios. I had radios done by Sparky, Clays, DTB, Snake Radios, just to have an example of their work. The local tech retired. Bob's CB is the only tech in the area doing quality work. I am defining quality work as is the transmitting clear. I can get reports of a clear transmission from local guys that do his own work so I am please. Bob will repair old CBs that others may say, "What the hell, why do you want to fix that, or I have no idea how to fix it." Personality wise, Bob may be short spoken. His shop is busy, This is not the shop to go to if you plan on BS about new radios. He will take care of professional driver's radios first. His shop always has a line of radios to be repair, or tuned. Bob will tune the loud as possible while still being clear, which is what most of his customer prefer. Bob has restored older CBs to factory spec for me. I have never put one of Bob's tune jobs on the spectrum analyzer and O-scope to see how the radio preforms. This is just my personal observations, I am by no means any kind of expert. Bob's will repair a hacked up radio without giving you the, "Who the hell did this speech?" Bob has also told me before that my requested work is not worth performing and suggested a better way that my achieve wanted outcome. In the past, I have gotten less than acceptable tune/radio jobs from proper techs. I can no say the Bob's CB ever shafted me with unacceptable work.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.