• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

That's pretty unusual considering Bobs base antenna on top of the mountain has a difficult time reaching out 30 miles

I'm not referring to talking to/from Bob's, I'm referring to talking between my base and mobiles in the NY/PA/OH tri-state region here in the NW corner of PA. As for actual on-air communications with Bob's shop, I can't ever remember attempting it over maybe 5 miles or so. As busy as he is, I try not to take up too much of his time. Plus there's usually a lot of I-80 chatter on ch.19 to contend with.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Well it is true believe what you want... I have never had a problem with his radios. And I have several..

I don't know about you, but I grade Bob well above the level of "truckstop hack", he doesn't volt finals with speaker wire, remove limiters, or cut traces. I realize that nobody's perfect, and you can't always please everybody, but I find the quality of his workmanship well above average. Apparently Magnum, Top Gun, and Clear Channel see it the same way. Look at the volume of business he's doing, he must be doing something right.

Reactions: hotrod
I don't know about you, but I grade Bob well above the level of "truckstop hack", he doesn't volt finals with speaker wire, remove limiters, or cut traces. I realize that nobody's perfect, and you can't always please everybody, but I find the quality of his workmanship well above average. Apparently Magnum, Top Gun, and Clear Channel see it the same way. Look at the volume of business he's doing, he must be doing something right.
Top Gun Technologies Top Gun modulator is nothing more than a typical truck stop swing kit with a fancy name..
Needless to say all of my Magnum radios had to have that removed in order for them to function correctly...
7230.jpg

From Bobs own website
http://www.topguntec.com/tgt_md_1.htm

Completely useless in a mobile application

Last edited:
You are right PA629 guess that is why he has been in business for over 40 years...
Lots of guys have been hacking up radios for 40 years and Bob's been supposedly in business since 1969 when he was 12 years old..
One thing I learned a long time ago is that the worst excuse for doing something wrong is that I've been doing it for the last 40 years that way and no one's going to tell me any different

I'm sure all the knowledgeable ham guys will agree that suppressing an AM carrier is no way to increase your transmitting distance.
It might make it sound louder up close but it's going to disappear out of my receiver much more quickly

And my next radio will be from Bobs cb:p:D(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
When you decide to put it to the test to find out what it's really capable of doing
(or not) feel free to send me a private message and we can arrange to meet sometime so I can show you where your radio is lacking. I live right off Interstate 80 and I have yet to find a single one of Bobs customers capable talking or hearing any distance greater than 10 miles....
( in the real world anyway )

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.