• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bobs CB

You said you can talk 100 miles with a Cobra 29 and I think it's easily achievable to talk 30 miles out of a mobile with that same Cobra 29 so I think you and I can both agree that Bob screwed his customer that can only talk 3 miles with a Stryker 497...
Vaseline not included..
The funny part was the customer liked it

All I know for sure is the guy on your watergate talking on the radio that Bob set up cut the other guys lips off at the 9 second mark. According to your logic that's real world proof.

You said you can talk 100 miles with a Cobra 29 and I think it's easily achievable to talk 30 miles out of a mobile with that same Cobra 29 so I think you and I can both agree that Bob screwed his customer that can only talk 3 miles with a Stryker 497...
Vaseline not included..
The funny part was the customer liked it

As a side note in the FWIW Dept., I routinely talk 40+ miles from my mobile to my base with a Bob's tuned barefoot Galaxy 88 and a Sirio P5000 mag-mounted on my deck lid, using a random length of LMR-240-UF. This ia measured as interstate miles over rolling terrain. I haven't tried this using secondary roads with less open terrain, so I can't attest to my MPD Efficiency when not traveling the big road....:confused:

All I know for sure is the guy on your watergate talking on the radio that Bob set up cut the other guys lips off at the 9 second mark. According to your logic that's real world proof.
According to my Logic the guy that had his radio worked on by Bob was 20 feet away from my truck and the other guy was probably ten miles up the road

According to my Logic the guy that had his radio worked on by Bob was 20 feet away from my truck and the other guy was probably ten miles up the road

You didn't say that earlier. Are you admitting to staging this whole thing with the driver parked next to you? Bob must be doing a clean tune. Most of those super trucker modded radios are garbled up and unintelligible at close range....really bad at 20 feet. That radio from Bob's CB was crystal clear.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
You didn't say that earlier. Are you admitting to staging this whole thing with the driver parked next to you? Bob must be doing a clean tune. Most of those super trucker modded radios are garbled up and unintelligible at close range....really bad at 20 feet. That radio from Bob's CB was crystal clear.
To be honest that was the best sounding radio I've heard all week that came out of that shop. Normally they don't sound as good as that one. I didn't stage the thing all I did was pull over to the side of the road on my way to work and that guy was the first person to respond

rabbiporkchop- you seem to be basing your entire argument on the assumption that this driver knew what he was talking about and wasn't mistaken about what you were asking.

that is some shaky ground on which to build a case.
jus' sayin'

I have a quick technical question for those in the know, is miles per dollar usually expressed as a simple number or is it expressed as a ratio like SWR?

Thanks in advance for any info.

:whistle:

Reactions: Road Squawker
rabbiporkchop- you seem to be basing your entire argument on the assumption that this driver knew what he was talking about and wasn't mistaken about what you were asking.

that is some shaky ground on which to build a case.
jus' sayin'
Although the driver seemed clueless, his answer was about what I expected from an honest person since 5 miles is about where I lose most of Bob's customers.

Although the driver seemed clueless, his answer was about what I expected from an honest person since 5 miles is about where I lose most of Bob's customers.

Wow. I must be luckier than most, all three of the radios I have from Bob's routinely successfully communicate from 40+ miles on AM without additional external power.....(y)

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Wow. I must be luckier than most, all three of the radios I have from Bob's routinely successfully communicate from 40+ miles on AM without additional external power.....(y)
That's pretty unusual considering Bobs base antenna on top of the mountain has a difficult time reaching out 30 miles

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.