1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

BOOTY 4

Discussion in 'Home Brew' started by BOOTY MONSTER, May 6, 2011.

1. how did yours do with a 30 ft 6 inch vertical ?
    my radials are still at 108 inches so we would both have the same length of vertical above the loop with your's set at 90 inches and 30 1/2 ft .

2. Marconi

Marconi Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.

BM, what did you do to determine the differences as you changed the length?

1 person likes this.
  3. Marconi

Hey BM, maybe I asked the question badly, I meant specifically what did you do to help you determine the differences you claim as you changed your antenna length from 27' - 31' feet?

I'd really like to know, or is this your style of Yota and Coolbreeze reporting...where no questions are allowed?

1 person likes this.
  4. Al n3izr

Al n3izr Member

Antennas

Hay good work looks nice to.
    But what kind of frequency range do you
    have with your antenna.
    I use both 10 meters and some free band
    on a I-max 2000.

Al N3IZR(y)

5. Jerome Bauer

Jerome Bauer Member

what ever happened with the Booty Build??? at the end it just disappeared, did he ever get it erected after landlord gave him permission. And what was the talk about it having babies who had babies, is this a Booty4 antenna or a targa BT-104

6. Marconi

I asked Booty several times, here and on eHam, how his antenna performed, but he never responded.

7. gareng

gareng Member

or....
    Something happened to booty?

8. Marconi

gareng, I don't think anything happened to BM, at least while I was praying for his soul, but latter on, after I stopped including him in my prayers...he disappeared.:unsure:

About the time that DX was declining in my radio he built a really nice version of the Vector 4K, but I never heard any final results for how it worked out for him...last I heard he was still planning an antenna raising...and then he was gone.

Later I heard an echo of a rumor with him saying, "...he had been banned without cause." So, a few of my prayers obviously didn't work out too well. :unsure::(

At some point BM did post a nice thread over on eHam I think. It is in the Home Made Projects section, or something like that. A lot of HAM operators chimed in and either roasted him or toasted him...for his efforts in building the nice looking homemade CB antenna. That thread had a very high viewer rate considering the topic was about a lowly CB vertical 1/2 wave antenna and on a Ham Forum no less. Booty always had something interesting to, right or wrong, and plenty of folks checked out threads he posted on or created. He was however always at odds with somebody along the way...I guess he finally crossed the wrong guy with a button.

I miss the ole' guy, at least he responded to ideas and discussions on this forum. A good quality worthy of note for a forum member.(y)

Thanks for you comment.

#128 Marconi, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  9. Yeti Communications Ltd

Yeti Communications Ltd Well-Known Member

recent rumour is he pasted away (even his locals have not heard him on for a couple of years)

he did go quiet after he called out 10 gauge over on MD for a fight but didnt turn up for it (10 gauge did) i think he got embrassed over that

he was hanging on dxrt.com for a while after that but mackmobile banned me for a time because he didnt believe i was actually in NZ..however mack learned the truth and let me back on dxrt but i never saw booty on after that..anywhere

whatever happened to him i am sure hes in a better place

BBB likes this.
  10. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

He's busy losing weight, check out his utube page, last posted 2 weeks ago

BOOTY2 likes this.
  11. Yeti Communications Ltd

Yeti Communications Ltd Well-Known Member

cool..as i said a rumour cant take anything said on FB as gospel

Capture.PNG

#131 Yeti Communications Ltd, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    BOOTY2 likes this.
  12. BOOTY2

BOOTY2 Member

BOO !

BammBamm likes this.
  13. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

BOOTY!

good to see you back bro!

Hope all is going well for you these days.
    LC

HomerBB and BOOTY2 like this.
  14. BammBamm

BammBamm Instigators ...173 on the southside.

Welcome back Booty Monster@

BOOTY2 likes this.
  15. BOOTY2

BOOTY2 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#135 BOOTY2, Jan 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018