• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Breaker one nine.

i think NQ6V needs to buy a cell phone and a GPS.
he sounds like he doesnt have much fun on CB.
poor guy.
LC

HAHA Switch! I actually agree with you on that one about the CB! I understand where people (drivers) that need to use them as tools that get irritated by it are coming from, though. I don't take CB too serious, and that's why I still like it and come back to it and talk on it. It's funny that you mentioned a few of the characters around here, but that wasn't the one that I was talking about ;) I really don't let it get under my skin...if I get tired of it, I shut it off or change the channel, or go to a different band, just like TV. It would be kind've nice to make someone go "sit in the corner" for a while though when everyone was tired of the foolishness for the night. Anyway, it's all good. It's kind've what CB is all about, IMO.

Hey, why does this forum post backwards? I have to go to page 1 to read the latest post, instead of page 3. And it posts the posts upside down, too.
Or is that backwards?

It;s a conspirisy. I'll put Diana Cooke PI on the case right away.
I'll get to the bottom of this! Or, is it. top. of this?

Page 1 is always the latest posts. Older posts are moved further down the line but I assume you also see the older posts at the TOP of the page instead of the bottom. New posts should be at the top of the page.
You have to make a change in your settings. Click on “User CP” (control panel) at the top left of the main page. Select “Edit Options” then scroll down to “Thread Display Options”. Where it says “Thread Display Mode” select “Linear-Oldest First” then save options at the bottom of the page

Now just hold on a minute! Who builds these over modulated...splattering radios that you guys complain about, the truck drivers? Hell 90 % of em cant even set the echo right on there radios, are they the ones building and modifying there radios? Hell no! It's the THOUSANDS of so called CB techs out there clipping this...or swinging that....that are the cause of the interference that many complain about.

Out of the great multitude of CB shops i have stopped at over the years ( pretty much everyone i could get my truck into ) i have never had one to tell me not to do this or that. Just hand me the cash and i will make you a truck stop god! Locals on the base stations are the same way. Everyone has been lied to over the years by these people whose only concern was to make as much money as possible no matter what the finished product would sound like. So now people think that clipping..swinging..over modulated radios are the only way to go but in the end all they accomplish is showing everyone how stupid they are!

Don't blame the truckers, dont blame the guys talking local. Blame the damn CB shops!

Wow this is just like listening to sesame street ( 27.185 ) And how a lot of people trashed us truck drivers, mind you some of the new generation of truckers don't respect them selfs so how would they respect the road ?? and some of us ol timers do know how to set the echo. I don't run one anymore and some of you big ham operators trash us just the same. Why do ya think some of the ol freight haulers used to run 26.865 ?? Yea i know you ham boys say IT IS AGAINST THE LAW. But if you have been out on the road as long as some of us have, you get fed up with the B.S. from ch.19 and the local people on a base station. There is no thank you anymore for us risking our lives out on the road driving thru snow and freezing rain so everyone had food on the table and a shirt on their back. And yet some of you people on this forum thinks us truck drivers have no brains ?? Mind you i did not go to high school i was working in the produce fields of Salinas Calif. BUT by golly i got common sense. I 've been doing this for over 32 yrs. and i thank GOD for taking care of me. So next time you want to trash a trucker you should be thankful for what you have. IT WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A TRUCKER

Before I even start, I want to say dont take this personally.
Now, Get off your high horse. The laws werent written by the hams, they are federal laws you are breaking. We have all done it at one time or another so that is not my point, but dont go around saying that someone else Made You Do It!!! The devil maybe. ( Wheres Geraldine when we need him?)
And dont start with this Thank A trucker crap, either! You do the job because you want money, just like the rest of us. You sure as hell dont do it free because it is the right and noble thing to do! You do a job and get paid for it. Period.

Thank You.

PR

No feelings were hurt during the production of this post:whistle:

Before I even start, I want to say dont take this personally.
Now, Get off your high horse. The laws werent written by the hams, they are federal laws you are breaking. We have all done it at one time or another so that is not my point, but dont go around saying that someone else Made You Do It!!! The devil maybe. ( Wheres Geraldine when we need him?)
And dont start with this Thank A trucker crap, either! You do the job because you want money, just like the rest of us. You sure as hell dont do it free because it is the right and noble thing to do! You do a job and get paid for it. Period.

Thank You.

PR

No feelings were hurt during the production of this post:whistle:

Yes the laws were written by hams.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.